IGNORED

7800 Serial Number List

Crazymoon67

On 8/14/2021 at 12:36 PM, evad999 said:

Hi!  I've been visiting these forums a lot recently without ever making an account, I finally caved in  :D

I have two 7800s

A1 76 5882556 (shell is badly damaged, has expansion interface) I won on a shopgoodwill auction

and

A1 84 5120307 (no expansion interface) I picked up on ebay

I am convinced our family console is still in my possession, but have not seen it for many years and am worried it got lost in a move.  I don't recall when we got it, I think around 1987, if it resurfaces I will post the SN here.

Take care, 

Dave

Welcome and glad you caved in.?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Protari said:

Hello All.  This is my initial post.  Thought I would share the serial number of the 7800 I just picked up.  Anyone know if there is a lower serial number recorded?  Thanks in advance.

IMG_7866.jpg

Nice! Looks like one of the earliest 7800s ever made.

Mitch

Thought I'd just add my two Pal I 7800 serials:

X9383814268 has been recapped and power button replaced

X1093115226 has been AV modded and is CIB (kung fu master does not work) 

They differ in 2600 compatability and both have asteroids as internal rom. 

IMG_20211014_210047.jpg

IMG_20211014_210105.jpg

Edited by Ouzy
Further info

I’ve been following this post for a bit, and contributed my serial number a while back, but haven’t seen it in the list compiled by the OP. Just wanted to check and see if anyone is maintaining the list at this point? If not, I’d be happy to jump in and manage it. I’ve been looking for something to do to give back to the community and this would be right up my alley. I’ll stay tuned!

On 10/17/2021 at 5:43 PM, electronicsibley said:

I’ve been following this post for a bit, and contributed my serial number a while back, but haven’t seen it in the list compiled by the OP. Just wanted to check and see if anyone is maintaining the list at this point? If not, I’d be happy to jump in and manage it. I’ve been looking for something to do to give back to the community and this would be right up my alley. I’ll stay tuned!

This list is no longer being updated/maintained by the OP. The OP has given his blessing in the past for others to take it over, so I believe it's just a matter of bringing it to an admin's attention to give editing rights to another person. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sixersfan105 said:

This list is no longer being updated/maintained by the OP. The OP has given his blessing in the past for others to take it over, so I believe it's just a matter of bringing it to an admin's attention to give editing rights to another person. 

I'll ask Al about this. I don't see any admin options for me to do this, but maybe he can.  Another option would be to have the person taking this over to start a new topic, then merge this topic with the new one and copy the list to the first post.

On 10/17/2021 at 4:43 PM, electronicsibley said:

Thanks for offering to take over maintenance of this thread. I've changed ownership of the first post to you, and you should be able to edit that post indefinitely. 

..Al

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wanted to add some updates to my units on the list:

• My 1984 console (AT84 50797) now has an S-video mod, installed a UAV board in it last year
  • The box for my Chinese console (X 201 031114) is gone, the box just crumbled apart so unfortunately I had to toss it
  • I also want to add my 1987 console to the list, this is the first one that I owned and I acquired it in 2003 from eBay. It's AV modded, but it's in a sorry state so I've put it in "rehab" so to speak. Got some replacement parts on the way and I'll also be replacing the simple AV mod with a UAV board. Anyway, the SN is A1 7C 5156846. This does not have an expansion port.
Edited by ApolloBoy

On 10/17/2021 at 4:43 PM, electronicsibley said:

The first post says it was last updated with post #277. You have some work ahead of you. :)  Thanks for the effort.

• Like 1

Thanks @Albert for handing over edit rights, and thanks everyone else for chiming in! It looks like I do have some digging to do. I’m going to take some time to read through the full thread and start chipping away at details added post-277. I’ll have to figure out a good workflow to maintain the list offline, and also be able to update it here as new systems are shared. 

Give me a few days and I should have some progress to report. Onward!

• Thanks 2

On 10/22/2021 at 12:59 PM, electronicsibley said:

Just a quick update. I modified the previous list in the original post to a spreadsheet format, and will be moving forward with updates as listed after post #277. 

Awesome!! Thanks for talking the lead on this long-abandoned but very significant list! What is the present total row count for all submitted serials?

Also, I know there’s another 7800 serials thread around here somewhere, because I know I submitted my El Paso unit to it. I did a search but could not find it… Can you have that thread merged with this one?

Edit: I guess this is the one (or it was already merged), but I don’t see my EP 002953 unit in your spread. 

Edited by phattyboombatty

2 hours ago, phattyboombatty said:

Awesome!! Thanks for talking the lead on this long-abandoned but very significant list! What is the present total row count for all submitted serials?

Also, I know there’s another 7800 serials thread around here somewhere, because I know I submitted my El Paso unit to it. I did a search but could not find it… Can you have that thread merged with this one?

Edit: I guess this is the one (or it was already merged), but I don’t see my EP 002953 unit in your spread. 

Yeah, mine got dropped as well. It seems like about half of the EP models got dropped. Hopefully this is just a work in progress and they will get added back.

Mitch

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, phattyboombatty said:

The present row count is 221. I checked and found your console in the thread. I’ll be adding it as I work my way up from post #277. I’ll update on the thread with details as I make progress. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mitch said:

Yeah, mine got dropped as well. It seems like about half of the EP models got dropped. Hopefully this is just a work in progress and they will get added back.

Mitch

I currently have 7 of your consoles included, but none are EPs. I’m guessing you submitted any others after post #277 in the thread, but let me know if otherwise. The previous list was only current to that point, so I have some work to do still to get things fully up to date.