IGNORED

BREAKING NEWS: Probe 2000 - Power Lords - Atari 2600

CPUWIZ

Hey folks,

yes it is real, otherwise I would have waited another month (probably would have been funny too). After long negotiations (no, I will not divulge my source, since I am going to purchase - YOU KNOW - the other Probe 2000 title in the future), I am finally proud to present Power Lords. It's totally playable, bankswitched (8K) and I am ready to release it to the world. I know most people considered this vaporware (drawing board only), but this is the real deal.

It cost a friggin fortune (more than my NIB Video Life) and I know most people would rather go out and buy a car with that sort of cash, but this had to be preserved. :cool:

On to the nitty gritty, I don't feel like writing a small book tonight, I've been working for 3 weeks straight.

I am going to release 50 copies for now since I don't want to get stuck with a bunch of built carts, this sucker was enough of an investment already. LOL

Each cartridge (no box, no manual - maybe later in the year) will cost $40 + shipping, I will not deal with people who signed up within the last month, especially not from overseas (search for posts from frenchman who ripped me off for $55 when I released reproductions of Music Machine CIB). Unless I have dealt with you in the past (I am looking at you dwh :P), I will not accept anything but PayPal. One copy per user, none of that ebay re-selling crap. Another important point, none will be shipped until I have sold most of them, I simply do not have the time at the moment. My work is very hectic and we are in crunch-time (waiting for R.T.'s witty comment on that).

NOTE: These are not numbered, the numbers are there for the mathematically challenged. :D

1. orangest

2. Wickeycolumbus

3. XXXX

4. XXXX

5. Rick Weis

6. XXXX

7. TrekMD

8. purenergy

9. swlovinist

10. Mayhem

11. horseboy

12. Cebus Capucinis

13. combat16

14. cmart604

15. cyro

16. Marc O.

17. scmor92

18. Al Backiel

19. Philflound

20. UberArcade

21. dr. kwack

22. Chris Leach

23. godzillajoe

24. 4ever2600

25. Wonder007

26. toymailman

27. Frostbite Bailey

28. Lucky Man

29. jetset

30. Ditto

31. black dog

32. r_type2600

33. MetalVic

34. hex65000

35. Dino

36. neotokeo2001

37. pangasinan

38. cowprintdog

39. Tubular Gearhead

40. remowilliams

41. propane13

42. keitaro

43. evg2000

44. atarian63

45. atari181

46. PingvinBlueJeans

47. rolenta

48. Gateway

49. iwan-iwanowitsch-goratschin

50. gospeede

SOLD OUT

Please post in this thread, if you are interested in a second run. :)

MOST IMPORTANTLY: DO not PM me, PM "hugged", "he" will deal with all of this.

Now feast your eyes...

Cart.jpg

Screen2.jpg

Screen1.jpg

Screen0.jpg

Screen3.jpg

• Like 4

My wife wanted to do a box, but this would have delayed the release substantially and I am out of a ton of money and want to recoup at least some of it. She is ready to make one, we may just release the box as an add-on later. ;)

Oh and before you ask, Rom Hunter, the answer is NO for now, maybe later. :P

I am ignorant of this game and I couldn't find anything on Tempest's site about it. Can someone give me the Reader's Digest on it?

CPUWIZ, how is the game play? Is it any fun? Looks cool.

Also, someone should do a write up for this for the front page! From what I gather this is significant.

Edited by StanJr

I am ignorant of this game and I couldn't find anything on Tempest's site about it. Can someone give me the Reader's Digest on it?

CPUWIZ, how is the game play? Is it any fun? Looks cool.

Also, someone should do a write up for this for the front page! From what I gather this is significant.

I have not played it that much, it gets pretty hard quick.

The reason why Tempest doesn't have anything on it, is because he does not have the ROM. People previously thought this game was either lost forever or never made it past the "hype" stage. This is the reason why I didn't think so...

flyer_83ces_pink_lords.jpg

@Host: Apologies for the hot-link dude, if it's too much bandwidth, I'll put it on my server. :)

the first screen you are flying a defender type ship and you need to shoot the serpent head that is extended out from a creator. 2nd screen is you are a guy in a tunnel and there are robots(?) coming down the tunnel and you need to shoot them and they are shooting back. the first level on both screens are not that hard, but it starts getting much harder the next level. (or maybe i just suck at the game) :D

Rick