IGNORED

New 5200 Conversion: Necromancer

classics

Ok, here is the second of three brand new 5200 conversions to go along with the Ultimate SD Cartridge release. :)

Necromancer

necromancer.jpg

Gameplay Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpzeO2MjIh8

The ROM image and a text manual formatted in 40 columns for use on the Ultimate SD is attached.

More information about the 5200 Ultimate SD Pre-Order is available in the Marketplace thread:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/177290-atari-5200-ultimate-sd-cartridge-pre-ordering-now-available/

Steve

necromancer5200.zip

Necromancer.txt

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was there a story attached to this game? I seem to think I remember trogolytes being mentioned, and not ogres. Maybe my hazy memory is mixed up with a different game?

Anyway I thought that story was entertaining and better than the usual.

Harvey

• 1 year later...

Nice to see the 5200 port, it's a blast. If the first level was designed to use the 5200 stick it'd probably control better on the 5200!

If I remember the game correctly, the joystick moved the wizard and holding the fire button changed control to the wizard spell cursor. The cursor movement could certainly benefit with 5200 trakball support. Movement could be bumped by the Trakball though more cumbersome. A compromise over the improved spell cursor trakball control.