IGNORED

Would you play Resident Evil on the jag?

greencoman

For a system as powerful as Jaguar that's unfortunately plagued with so many 16-bit conversions maybe having a game originating on a 32-bit platform such as PlayStation would be something more worthy.

How about something written from the ground up to take advantage of the Jaguar's strengths instead of trying to do what would end up being a half-assed version of a game that originated on a more powerful console?

• Like 6

For a system as powerful as Jaguar that's unfortunately plagued with so many 16-bit conversions maybe having a game originating on a 32-bit platform such as PlayStation would be something more worthy.

How about something written from the ground up to take advantage of the Jaguar's strengths instead of trying to do what would end up being a half-assed version of a game that originated on a more powerful console?

Yes, it'd be great to see more original content on Jaguar. Its a real shame so very few coders have the requisite talent, time and/or interest to produce such games that genuinely "take advantage of the Jaguar's strengths" in a worthwhile fashion these days.

• Like 3

Yes, it'd be great to see more original content on Jaguar. Its a real shame so very few coders have the requisite talent, time and/or interest to produce such games that genuinely "take advantage of the Jaguar's strengths" in a worthwhile fashion these days.

Try coding a game yourself. It would be a lot more productive than taking subtle potshots at some of the few coders with the "requisite talent, time and/or interest". Also while your at it, try filling us in on what exactly would constitute a "worthwhile fashion". It seems that most of the more recent games that have come out just don't quite live up to your lofty standards on what would constitute a "worthwhile" game.

• Like 5

Try coding a game yourself. It would be a lot more productive than taking subtle potshots at some of the few coders with the "requisite talent, time and/or interest". Also while your at it, try filling us in on what exactly would constitute a "worthwhile fashion". It seems that most of the more recent games that have come out just don't quite live up to your lofty standards on what would constitute a "worthwhile" game.

You somewhat regrettably appear to have not comprehended what I said. Far from "taking subtle potshots at some of the few coders with the "requisite talent, time and/or interest"" I was in fact expressing a wholly different sentiment. Please go back and carefully read what I posted and you'll then hopefully understand that I actually credited the fact the Jaguar scene does indeed have some talented coders but that its "a real shame" they don't always appear to have sufficient enough spare time, or perhaps interest, available to devote to undertaking the painstaking task of producing "more original content on Jaguar".

As for what constitutes "worthwhile" then it would appear you failed to keep pace with the context of the debate. To help avoid any further misunderstanding on your behalf I'll quote my original post, "For a system as powerful as Jaguar that's unfortunately plagued with so many 16-bit conversions maybe having a game originating on a 32-bit platform such as PlayStation would be something more worthy." Assuming you're of sound mind you should by now have comprehended I was expressing the view that such a game would "maybe" be more "worthy" of "a system as powerful as Jaguar" is than the significant number of 16-bit game conversions which already exist.

I trust this explanation, which really shouldn't have been necessary had you properly read and understood my previous two posts, now sets matters straight bringing with it the happy consequence of you no more feeling it necessary to retaliate in such a bizarre and personalised fashion brimming with seemingly paranoid delusions. Apology accepted in advance, thank you.

Edited by dreamcastrip
  • Like 2

Usual verbiage...

I read your comment and came to the same conclusion as Sauron. Either we share the same delusions or you have a reputation for making snide comments and paying backhanded compliments.

Sauron, you really shouldn't bite.

Would you play Resident Evil on the jag?

I personally wouldn't play RE on the Jag, despite the fact it's one of my favourite games of that generation, for the simple reason that the definitive version is readily available on the PS.

Saying that I'd love an original Survival Horror game for the Jag even if it resembled RE on the Gameboy. :)

• Like 4

Sauron, you really shouldn't bite.

You're right. However, I'm gonna do it anyway. :)

You somewhat regrettably appear to have not comprehended what I said. Far from "taking subtle potshots at some of the few coders with the "requisite talent, time and/or interest"" I was in fact expressing a wholly different sentiment. Please go back and carefully read what I posted and you'll then hopefully understand that I actually credited the fact the Jaguar scene does indeed have some talented coders but that its "a real shame" they don't always appear to have sufficient enough spare time, or perhaps interest, available to devote to undertaking the painstaking task of producing "more original content on Jaguar".

If there were any history of you having expressed such sincere sentiments, I would have been happy to take what you said as a sincere statement of regret. However, as wozencl stated before, your prior history can only lead one to believe that you were taking a subtle jab at some of the developers who currently devote time, money, and other resources into Jag development. I would be happy to provide you with links to some of your prior posts if you think this observation is in error.

As for what constitutes "worthwhile" then it would appear you failed to keep pace with the context of the debate. To help avoid any further misunderstanding on your behalf I'll quote my original post, "For a system as powerful as Jaguar that's unfortunately plagued with so many 16-bit conversions maybe having a game originating on a 32-bit platform such as PlayStation would be something more worthy." Assuming you're of sound mind you should by now have comprehended I was expressing the view that such a game would "maybe" be more "worthy" of "a system as powerful as Jaguar" is than the significant number of 16-bit game conversions which already exist.

No, my question was quite relevant to what you said. However, if you are insinuating that a game such as RE is more "worthy" of the Jaguar than other recent development efforts, it seems you fail to grasp the actual realistic expectations of what games from the "32-bit era" would even be feasible on the Jaguar, of which RE would hardly qualify.

I trust this explanation, which really shouldn't have been necessary had you properly read and understood my previous two posts, now sets matters straight bringing with it the happy consequence of you no more feeling it necessary to retaliate in such a bizarre and personalised fashion brimming with seemingly paranoid delusions. Apology accepted in advance, thank you.

Your explanation does nothing more than to confirm that your attitude towards a certain segment on here could use some adjustment.

• Like 2

I know I shouldn't get involved, I REALLY know I shouldn't get involved, but I do have to point out the blatantly obvious here, and I do so as someone who has the required talent, and currently, the time, to create new and decent Jaguar titles (I don't know how worthwhile any game is however, they're all just for entertainment after all).

This kind of infighting makes me, and other developers, want to have nothing to do with the scene.

Read that again.

I love the Jag, not so much for its games, which are on the whole fairly meh (with a few gems), but for its hardware, and the joy of trying to create something on such a weird buggy system. The Jag had potential, which still has rarely been tapped. I like the fun of writing code for it, and trying to make things that are awesome and exploit some of that potential... but the attitudes of a small part of the community sap all my will to ever release anything and make me want to have nothing to do with the whole bloody lot of you, which sucks, because I know it's a minority who fight and bicker constantly. Also I know from talking to other talented people that I'm not alone on this.

Think before you post, and if you must get into a fight, take it to JSII, a place seemingly built out of drama.

• Like 10

I know I shouldn't get involved, I REALLY know I shouldn't get involved, but I do have to point out the blatantly obvious here, and I do so as someone who has the required talent, and currently, the time, to create new and decent Jaguar titles (I don't know how worthwhile any game is however, they're all just for entertainment after all).

This kind of infighting makes me, and other developers, want to have nothing to do with the scene.

Read that again.

I love the Jag, not so much for its games, which are on the whole fairly meh (with a few gems), but for its hardware, and the joy of trying to create something on such a weird buggy system. The Jag had potential, which still has rarely been tapped. I like the fun of writing code for it, and trying to make things that are awesome and exploit some of that potential... but the attitudes of a small part of the community sap all my will to ever release anything and make me want to have nothing to do with the whole bloody lot of you, which sucks, because I know it's a minority who fight and bicker constantly. Also I know from talking to other talented people that I'm not alone on this.

Think before you post, and if you must get into a fight, take it to JSII, a place seemingly built out of drama.

I wish you well with your current and future coding endeavours. Perhaps if I hadn't have arrived so late at JFUK 2010 on the Saturday we might have had the time to have a chat about how your efforts in this regard are progressing. :)

If some folk here choose to misinterpret others' posts in ways that they only hear what they want to hear then that's their prerogative. I've no intention to further point out to Sauron the continued problems he seems to have in understanding the plain use of language. So on that note I've no interest in further contributing toward leading the thread astray.

As for JS-II, well Sauron's long been banned from there for past indiscretions so he at least has little option but to post here when seeking to ruffle feathers these days. For the record, I don't see how you saying JS-II is "a place seemingly built out of drama" is compatible with your seemingly sincere desire for greater peace and calm in the Jaguar community. Please don't interpret that as having a pop at you as it certainly isn't intended as such. Finishing on a positive note, apart from the odd exception here and there its been most reassuring to see no major flame wars between AA and JS-II for quite some time now. Long may it continue. :)

Edited by dreamcastrip
  • Like 2

If some folk here choose to misinterpret others' posts in ways that they only hear what they want to hear then that's their prerogative. I've no intention to further point out to Sauron the continued problems he seems to have in understanding the plain use of language. So on that note I've no interest in further contributing toward leading the thread astray.

I'm quite capable of understanding the plain use of language, even when it comes from someone such as yourself who tries to use it in a way that screams of trying to appear more intelligent than you really are. The problem you seem to have is in posting ideas in threads that always somehow manage to contain subtle or not-so-subtle jabs at others who try to be more productive. This often includes the use of backhanded insults as well as a severe distortion of facts. Your quote below is a good example of such.

As for JS-II, well Sauron's long been banned from there for past indiscretions so he at least has little option but to post here when seeking to ruffle feathers these days. For the record, I don't see how you saying JS-II is "a place seemingly built out of drama" is compatible with your seemingly sincere desire for greater peace and calm in the Jaguar community. Please don't interpret that as having a pop at you as it certainly isn't intended as such. Finishing on a positive note, apart from the odd exception here and there its been most reassuring to see no major flame wars between AA and JS-II for quite some time now. Long may it continue. :)

Here, you completely misrepresent my own absence from JS2, either due to ignorance of the facts or the willful attempt to ignore them entirely. Just to enlighten you, I was never banned from JS2, as I posted there little more than a handful of times over the years. My account was deleted by request about a year and a half ago. Had you been more diligent in finding out the facts, you wouldn't have made such a foolishly errant statement. This shows that you either put little thought into what you post, or that you willfully subvert the facts to further your own agenda. Either way, it would be prudent of you to take more care when attempting to engage in conversation on here.

• Like 2

For the record, I don't see how you saying JS-II is "a place seemingly built out of drama" is compatible with your seemingly sincere desire for greater peace and calm in the Jaguar community.

Nah you're quite right there, I was having a slight dig at the place and I shouldn't have. Consider the comment retracted.

For the record, I don't see how you saying JS-II is "a place seemingly built out of drama" is compatible with your seemingly sincere desire for greater peace and calm in the Jaguar community.

Nah you're quite right there, I was having a slight dig at the place and I shouldn't have. Consider the comment retracted.

All's good. :)

I'm quite capable of understanding the plain use of language, even when it comes from someone such as yourself who tries to use it in a way that screams of trying to appear more intelligent than you really are... :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

You persist in taking your vitriol to even greater depths of desperation by seeking to personalise matters further. Your conduct is getting really quite disturbing and I can't help suspecting that such bizarre and outright nastiness might be a symptom of something wider. Perhaps it pertains to what by your own admission are your own protracted mental health issues. I have no interest in entertaining this inane debate any further.

Shocking...You've truly reached a new low. :thumbsdown:

• Like 5

You persist in taking your vitriol to even greater depths of desperation by seeking to personalise matters further. Your conduct is getting really quite disturbing and I can't help suspecting that such bizarre and outright nastiness might be a symptom of something wider. Perhaps it pertains to what by your own admission are your own protracted mental health issues. I have no interest in entertaining this inane debate any further.

Thank you for doing nothing but validating everything I previously said. :)

• Like 6