IGNORED

MyDos Versions for Hard Disks?

Larry

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Thanks, again.  I'll check this one out.  I have a 3.013, but all it has is DOS and DUP on it.  This has a lot more. 

Presume you have an ATR8000?  When did you get it?  (Wow, they are big!)  I never used mine much, but when I did (mostly for testing stuff), I used it with a couple of 40-track Percom drives (DS/DD, half-height).  I miss it now and then, but wow, they sure took up a lot of space to store!

I only got mine about a month ago. I always wanted one. I haven't had much luck getting drives to work yet. 

Hello Andreas

1 hour ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Just curious, now that we have several versions of MyDOS 3.x and 4.x - was there ever a MyDOS version 1.x or 2.x ?!?

No, version 3.08 was the first version that was sold generally, according to a letter Charles Marslett once sent me (see my MyDOS page).  MyDOS was probably a reaction to Atari's DOS 3.  Hence MyDOS 3.x.

Sincerely

Mathy

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hello, Dear old friends!
Glad to mit you all in one place :) .

Just today I've arranged new Altirra workplace with some HD partitions for SDX, MyDOS and TopDOS Pro in IDE+ 2.0 environment.

- As far as it's concerned SDX the installation goes like a charm :) .
- Saying about TopDOS Pro I somehow succeeded (with additional not so evident steps) to load HD partition itself (Without any bootable disk). It works :) .
- And I can boot MyDOS partition only with swap IDE+ option activated !!! (i.e. as D1: ) . ?

So the question arised:
- Is it possible to say MyDOS what disk will be bootable (FE D5:) while boot process in IDE+ 2.0 env?

I need your advice :) ...

zen

5 hours ago, 576XE said:

Is it possible to say MyDOS what disk will be bootable (FE D5:) while boot process in IDE+ 2.0 env?

I think it needs patching MyDOS. IIRC, it loads DUP.SYS from "D1:DUP.SYS". So the thing to try is to binary edit the drive number in that string on the booted MyDOS in the memory, then write DOS files to the required disk. It may work. Did not try :)

• Like 1

HI Konrad!

Thank you for for early and exhaustive reply :) .

I was afraid something like this... No matter...

Really, with the case of TopDOS Pro I've made the same thing but it was just replacing 'The System Disk' from DOS menu :) .

It means that I can set 'System Disk' as D8: (RAMdisk).

I love TopDOS Pro but it needs cracking of DOS.SYS to exclude accidentally embedded 130XE (extended memory) loadable module.

(To load 130XE programs like MAE or CLSN etc.) :) .

By the way, 2 weeks ago I tried to congratulate you and FJC with Christmas but messenger refused me in both cases.

Too late but... Mery Christmas and My warmest and best wishes from Moscow :) .

zen (i.e. Zolotaryov Evgeniy Nikolaevich)