IGNORED

NES Golf game I no remember?

StanJr

There was a golf game for the NES called something like "Greg Norman's Golf Challenge" or some such. I have Lee Trevino and Jack Nicklaus, but I recall this one specifically because of the overhead view and the ball hitting device which included a large golfball in the bottom center of the screen, on which you would have to stop a little dot, to determine how you hit the ball.

Does anybody have ANY idea what I am talking about?

:? :? :? :?

I played the original Golf a lot in the 80's but I just got NES Open this year and that game rocks. I'll have to check out the Greg Norman one.

My favorite golf game of all time in Mario Golf for the Gameboy Color, that game took me a few months to beat (damm Guru's pitch and putt!) and is still incredibly fun to play. Nintendo knows how to make a fun golf game 8)

I could never really get into golf, but the original NES Golf is pretty good.

I also like the original NES Golf too. It's one of my favorite sport games for the NES. I also like the original NES Baseball.

If you guys like the original NES Golf you might like NES open as well... which is pretty much NES Golf Part 2 (I think). They're both from Nintendo and both have Mario :)

post-31-1040091492_thumb.png

post-31-1040091492_thumb.jpg

That MIGHT be it, but it still doesn't look like I recall. The Giant Golf Ball was down in a task bar beneath the action screen along with things like club selection, dist, lie, etc. Is there a game like this? And again, if I recall ALL or most of the action was done overhead, rather than third person? Am I insane? :? :? :? :?

I need to pick up NES Golf too, I forgot how much fun that was.

Thanks for all the help people. :)

So do I! People often put down the original NES Baseball, but it really is a lot of fun.

Nothing beats 10 Yard Fight, though. I can always go for a game of that.

I also like 10 Yard Fight even though most video game critics bash it. Another good game for the NES is Urban Champion. Nintendo needs to make a sequel to this game.

I also like 10 Yard Fight even though most video game critics bash it. Another good game for the NES is Urban Champion. Nintendo needs to make a sequel to this game.

I could never get into Urban Champion, maybe because I was expecting something Double Dragon-ish. It's not horrible, though.

I hate how critics bash 10 Yard Fight. I'm not the greatest at sports games (but I'm not bad, either), and that game is one of the few I'm great at. Super Bowl Team? Piece of cake!

I actually like Lee Trevino's Fighting Golf. Similiar to the original nes golf, but with slightly more character variety in the play and the golfers.

and besides, i began to like it even more after the Simpsons "bart shoplifting/bonestorm cart" episode because of the "Lee Corvallo's Putting Challenge" game in it ^^

gavv

• 3 years later...

Well, it took some serious searching, but I think I found it:

http://www.everyvideogame.com/manual-nes-G...nd_Slam_(U).htm

Edit: Actually, this is the parent link to get to the manual, but the manual seems to be for NES Golf, not Grand Slam. That's odd...

Edited by HeckYesIDid