IGNORED

list of 2600 games that use 2 joysticks

killersquirel

• 6 years later...

Polite apologies for reviving a dead thread, but you guys forgot Raiders of the Lost Ark!

I was looking into modifying a db9 y-connector into a single genesis-controller solution for Spy Hunter and possibly some of the others on the list. If anyone is interested I'll provide details as I work on it.

• Like 1

Polite apologies for reviving a dead thread, but you guys forgot Raiders of the Lost Ark!

I was looking into modifying a db9 y-connector into a single genesis-controller solution for Spy Hunter and possibly some of the others on the list. If anyone is interested I'll provide details as I work on it.

Huh? RotLA is listed in the very first post...

• Like 1

Oops. Guess I missed that.

Is there a link to this project? I was just going to swap the pin for the A/start on the Genesis pad for the 2-player joystick button. I'm wondering if this project was the same thing and if they needed to also hook up any grounding pins.

Ideally I'd love to figure out a way to remap all the Genesis buttons to different joystick directions, but that too advanced for me at this point.

Anyways, thanks.

Did you know there exist hacks of most (all?) of the Atari 2-button games to directly use an unmodded Genesis controller? A bunch of others and even Omega Race has been enhanced that way. :)

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/158430-rom-hacks-to-support-2-buttons-with-genesis-controllers/page-1?hl=+button%20+hack

Just need a Harmony cartridge if you don't have one already...

http://harmony.atariage.com/Site/Harmony.html