Ultimate1MB preorder starts

candle

Chear or Pro?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Should the PCB be PRO?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

there is an atari ultility for flashing all of flash chip content onto it

no extra hardware required

as for AtariMax stuff - You will have to ask at AtariMax - i've never used this products, so I would not know

my guess is it would, but this is only a guess

also answering to previous post

there is no limitation on what os You could use - just as long as there will be only 4 of them in total - so You need to choose these, which have sense for You

Faith of DiamondOS is not determined for now - and considering what Jonathan is doing - I highly doubt I'll put some effort into it (if favor of Jonathan's work)

Sebastian

Sounds like you replace the OS chip am I right? So this would not work with atarimax's internal myide? At any rate I want 1 as I have more than 1 atari! Since your making a vbxe2 for me as well just hold onto it until you get my 1mb board done and send both at same time!

No, this won't work with an internal MyIDE. There was an older version of MyIDE which fits in the CPU slot: I imagine that would work. The only other option is to make your own (which is what I'm doing).

A PBI compliant IDE interface on this board would surely make it the be all and end all of upgrades (as if it wasn't already). However, SpeedDrive should (eventually) take care of our HDD needs...

• 2 weeks later...

considering the fact not much of orders were placed after my annoucment, there is no sense to split them into two runs, so the answer is no ;) You didn't

The orders may have tapered off because of your announcement, some people might be waiting till the announcement that you are taking orders for the second run.

In spite of it there have still been requests for another 22 boards, plus another 3 tentative, so you would still have been close to minimum order numbers for a second run. We are still before the original cutoff date you set in the first post.

Info needed for another project:

What hardware ROM banking registers does U1MB use (for built-in SDX)? Are they the same as other IntSDX boards?

What hardware registers are used by the RTC? Are they the same as the ARC clock?

Any other hardware registers used (for alternate RAM banking, etc)?

ultimate emulates bits of pia, gtia, and has registers of its own

i can make you full register map if you want me to

Yes please: this would be useful to me, and perhaps also to others. I'm trying to draw up a list of popular upgrades/peripherals and the hardware registers they use, in order to identify some "free" space. The sooner the better. :)

Hello Candle

Could you give me a quick reminder of what makes this upgrade different from other memory upgrades (including my own)?

sincerely

Mathy

to sum it up - its a 1mb memory module containing 4 OS slots, basic, missle command (or any other 8k game) for xegs, and sparta dos x with RTC module

all of above is flashable, and if some features are not needed - can be disabled by setup program

I also believe it only needs minimal wiring internally... But I'll let Candle answer that one