IGNORED

Ultimate1MB preorder starts

candle

Chear or Pro?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Should the PCB be PRO?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Which team do you support?

Newcastle United who just pulled a stunner and beat Manchester United 3-0!

Awesome match.

I like supporters of smaller teams.

Yes it was an awesome game and certainly not the result we expected. Not sure I'd describe Newcastle as a smaller team though, there were over 52,000 fans in the stadium last night, we take football pretty seriously in the North East. (Although I fully accept if we're talking about global supporters). Anyhow this WAY off topic, sorry :)

Yes it was an awesome game and certainly not the result we expected. Not sure I'd describe Newcastle as a smaller team though, there were over 52,000 fans in the stadium last night, we take football pretty seriously in the North East. (Although I fully accept if we're talking about global supporters). Anyhow this WAY off topic, sorry :)

With smaller teams I meant teams that don't win often league titles and international cups.

Perhaps there is a better word to define teams like Newcastle (and my Fiorentina), not top teams but on average in the first 6-8 league positions.

Sebastian, I am sorry to be OT, but we cannot always speak about work!

BTW, our goalkeeper, Artur Boruc, is Polish...

My PAL 130XE has been prepped for install. Desoldered the OS & MMU, and installed machine pic socket for the OS. I don't have any 20 pin sockets :( If I can't order any quickly, I can always shave one down, but I would rather have the proper socket in place. That new Hakko 808 is the best tool I have ever used - the MMU literally fell out of the board when I turned it over.

I'd guess someone's tested such a config.

Did you test the continuity of the RD4 and RD5 lines after adding the resistors? If they're not right then all kinds of screwups could occur.

Beep test with MM probably won't work, just measure the resistance from the cart port pin to the MMU socket.

@candle

In your technical manual (on your FTP directory) I read that RTCOUT / RTCIN = $D3E2

Somehow I have the feeling this is a mistake, and my guess is that it must be $D5E2.

Am I right? I suppose this is also the "RTC_Base" address from the source on your site?

Thanks

M.

Oh I was wrong... it IS $D3E2 indeed.

I created a little tool now that reads time/date from RTC and puts it in SpartaDos 3.x time/date

It is not more than a Time/Date 'downloader'.... not a real driver.

I need to fix one little 'ugly' thing and put a message in it, and then it is ready for release.

I'll post it here.

Greetz

Marius

I finally got a 130xe prepped for installation, removed both OS & Basic ROM's and the MMU without damaging the chips or mobo. Tomorrow I'll get some sockets and finish the install :)

My technique for removal is to put a few large solder blobs with fresh flux along the 2 rows of pins, then while applying heat to all pins on a row at once, I use a jewelers screwdriver to pry it up each end. Only takes about 2 minutes going from side to side to pop the chip out. Then use a sucker bulb to blow out each hole... This may be a bit bizarre, but it works for me :)

Jay