IGNORED

Found Potential Rare Atari Games

cjrocco

The OP does seem to have been a quick study in what is rare and what is not (to have posted up the original choice of most rare games), to have spelled everything correctly, to have mentioned text/pic labels (maybe they were looking up in the rarity guide too? Unlikely in just a couple/few hours), and to have matched up things like "Mogul Maniac with Joyboard" and the different manuals like "Fast Food with Cookbook" unless they were already physically attached.

So, either leading up to a hoax, OR, just just a very quick study! ;)

(And yes, I mean a very nice long vacation) :cool:

Wait, there does appear to be one "misspelling"... "Night Rider" LOL... I assume this was supposed to be Night Driver?

• Like 1

So no one believes me again because I know how to spell?

You people have already said that I should use this website to help me learn more about the games and then fault me because I know the difference between a picture and text only label? The Rarity Guide here has pictures of these things and it is not that hard to learn the difference.

As far as to why the collection has so many rare games, my mother in law said that her father was a collector, and I guess I didn't realize how serious of a collector he was. Oh well, just one more time I end up looking like a dumbass. :)

I'll keep working on it and try to convince you that I am not full of it.

• Like 3

I still call bullshit, it is a collector having fun with us, april fools/etc..

Agreed. Something's up.

That's true. I never considered that it could just be a collector having fun with us. The IP address doesn't match up with any known AA user though so it would have to be a lurker.

Tempest

The OP does seem to have been a quick study in what is rare and what is not (to have posted up the original choice of most rare games), to have spelled everything correctly, to have mentioned text/pic labels (maybe they were looking up in the rarity guide too? Unlikely in just a couple/few hours), and to have matched up things like "Mogul Maniac with Joyboard" and the different manuals like "Fast Food with Cookbook" unless they were already physically attached.

So, either leading up to a hoax, OR, just just a very quick study! ;)

When she originally asked me about the games i used the mighty Google to search for "rare Atari games" I got a list and asked her if she had any on the list Video Life, River Patrol, and Out of Control were the ones she had that were on the top of the list, so those were the ones I included. I should have done a bit of research first to understand exactly how rare they were before I jumped in the deep end I guess.

Everything else was very organized, so Mogul Maniac was with its Joyboard and Fast Food was with the cookbook etc. making it a bit easier to know what went with what.

Beat 'em and Eat 'em

Um...was your mother-in-law testing these games out herself, or relying on a pre-existing list to check which ones do and don't work? Because if it's the former... :-o

She and her husband I believe tested each to make sure that they worked. I don't think she was going for any high scores though.. :P

Agreed. Something's up.

That's true. I never considered that it could just be a collector having fun with us. The IP address doesn't match up with any known AA user though so it would have to be a lurker.

Tempest

Or a work/friend/library computer...

If you were "really" a serious collector and had all these very rare titles, would you really discard all the boxes? I think not; just saying. Someone who cared this much for a collection and had the passion to buy all these wonderful games would most likely have kept the boxes. :) I would have anyway. Not saying this collection does not exist :)

Agreed. Something's up.

Tempest

Or a work/friend/library computer...

Or they are using Tor or some other proxy.