IGNORED

Found Potential Rare Atari Games

cjrocco

Cart, Instructions, Manual

Uhm, that would be CIM and redundant. :P

I dont get "moderator" what does it mean?

he is the moderator of the users. he keeps track of all the users street address in case one of us go missing. Just by logging in he can trace where we all live. no big deal. nothing to worry about.

Thanks for making me laugh.

i try. :D

i actually thought you would believe it......:P

can you take a pic of yourself holding the games...maybe wear sunglasses to hide a bit if you dont want to show yourself to the internet weirdos.

Is there something special I should wear?

a sign that says 'go to hell rev' and hold up some rare carts!!!

;) jaywi

Here is me with my best cart!!!

post-29022-129964710285_thumb.png

• Like 1

Cart, Instructions, Manual

Uhm, that would be CIM and redundant. :P

I dont get "moderator" what does it mean?

he is the moderator of the users. he keeps track of all the users street address in case one of us go missing. Just by logging in he can trace where we all live. no big deal. nothing to worry about.

Thanks for making me laugh.

i try. :D

i actually thought you would believe it......:P

can you take a pic of yourself holding the games...maybe wear sunglasses to hide a bit if you dont want to show yourself to the internet weirdos.

Is there something special I should wear?

a sign that says 'go to hell rev' and hold up some rare carts!!!

;) jaywi

Here is me with my best cart!!!

post-29022-129964710285_thumb.png

That is very scary.

Don't forget comics, catalogs, registration forms, contest entry forms... Everything that comes in the box.

Complete in box means cart, manual, and box. Registration forms, catalogs and such don't count. Besides the comics, most people don't count that stuff. I do count the extra inserts like Asteroids, ET and Raiders of the Lost Ark have.

As to the person who says collectors save boxes. That's NOT true. When I began collecting in 1995, I didn't save any boxes. I didn't have the room in my tiny apt with 2 other roommates to do so. In fact, I sold my 32 in 1 box, which I've yet to replace. I kept only cart and manuals. Now I have probably at least 300 boxes in my collection.

As for Stan I believe said, most of his buying was on AA. Most of mine was done in the wild, through my store at the time, and through newsgroups. Neil Gordon helped me big time in the beginning. Ebay has substantially given me my boxes though. Also O'Shea. :)

One day I hope to come across a vast collection like this for a nice low price (like everyone else wishes). It would help fill in the really rare stuff that I'm still missing and may help me financially with the doubles.

Phil

I can handle stupid. It is the pointless debating about the existence of this collection and the rudeness towards this collector's family I can't handle.

No kidding! You guys can thank whatever deity you worship that I'm not a moderator on here. This is getting insane! I can understand the initial doubting, but once the pictures came out, accept that it exists, and help these people out. You may have been able to get a reward of a good deal out of it... but I wouldn't be surprised if these people left here thinking "Holy shit, what a bunch of assholes!" Way to make the community look good. :roll:

• Like 3

Iggy*SJB' date='Wed Mar 9, 2011 6:58 AM' timestamp='1299671895' post='2229301']

I can handle stupid. It is the pointless debating about the existence of this collection and the rudeness towards this collector's family I can't handle.

No kidding! You guys can thank whatever deity you worship that I'm not a moderator on here. This is getting insane! I can understand the initial doubting, but once the pictures came out, accept that it exists, and help these people out. You may have been able to get a reward of a good deal out of it... but I wouldn't be surprised if these people left here thinking "Holy shit, what a bunch of assholes!" Way to make the community look good. :roll:

If members of this community can denigrate legends of Atari like Nolan Bushnell, and Rob Folup, than this should come as no surprise.

• Like 1

As it was so eloquently pointed out by Crazy Climber, nobody here knows me.

I'm sorry you were so offended by me saying she should take your advice lightly, I had no idea it would bother you this much which it must since you have brought it up twice now long after I stopped replying about it. You have only been here one week so I thought it was a good idea to point that out. I have zero interest in these games, I didn't say it for personal gain/etc.. I do think calling me bonehead and the other insults you hurled at me was a little over the top but I know thats a NY thing so I'm willing to drop it if you are :D :) Good luck with your game purchases.

On the K-tel argument with Leach... Are you sure you saw K-tel brand T-handles for sale in a store? I am not questioning your childhood game store or calling you a liar, just saying it is my understanding that products sold under the K-tel name were mail order products, when they sold stuff retail they used different names (this is not just Atari carts I am talking about, just K-tel in general). It's not impossible you saw them there, I just think that is why Leach is questioning what you said. You would probably be the only person here at Atariage that has actually seen them for sale in an actual retail store in person. At least in the US, not sure how it worked in other countries. Again, do not take this post as an attack because it is not, just explaining why he has a hard time believing you saw T-handles at a retail store.

Fun fact - For the last 13 years I have worked part time security for the company that owns 11311 K-tel drive, yes, the old K-tel building here in MN. This is were there Atari carts were made/assembled/distributed. If you look at the back of your Xonox manual it will have that same address, cool right! Well, unfortuneately it is abandoned and there are no Atari games in it, the building was owned by ADC telecommunications for 20+ years and then sold to Tyco Electronics and is currently for sale. Sometimes I used to visualize how it would look with an assembly line of Atari carts being pumped out, that must have been cool. I have a theory that the reason so many of these turn up in Canada is because of how close (MN) is to the border, maybe they dumped the remaining stock with a Canadian distributer?

Interesting story Crazy Climber on the K-Tel carts; dumping the rest of the stock on the Canadian market makes perfest sense as many of these show up in Canada, and particularly the provinces of Manitoba and Ontario, which ironically border the state of Minnesota to the Great White North :) This is a pretty sound theory. Cheers, FB :cool:

Let us recap?

Father DIED in 88' way before the internet.....

If I were alive in 88 and I wanted to pick up "tanks but no tanks" -83'- what stores sold Zimag games here in the states and Boing and Condor Attack and Karate (froggo) and Cake Walk and Dice puzzle and super charger games and tank brigade and crazy climber? You might have a local store in your community that you frequented in the 80's but they were not selling many titles all at once...it would take you several years of stock replenishment with new selections of titles and or trips to other parts of the country as many stores did not carry Atari carts like you can find on the internet....? what was the name of this store? Macy's?

If I had a store in the 80's and I sold Atari, I do not even believe that the selection found in this collection would have been offered to me to purchase. I mean seriously. There is no way that an Atari Rep would bring me manuals of product to purchase that were not atari brands....? And if they did? I need to see a froggo rep? A zimag rep? find them on the street corner and give them some bucks..this post can not be legit....????

Just curious

Finger nails from hand holding frankensteins monsters in post #167 looks manish?

Back in the mid 90's I purchased a collection that, although wasn't quite like this, did have some very diverse and rare titles. Turns out the seller/collector had a job that had him travelling the world and any opportunity he had he bought games for his collection.

Hey AtariLeaf,

When are you going to take a trip across the border to Buffalo to visit all these nice games? Maybe you could catch a Leafs vs. Sabres game at the same time :D Cheers, FB :cool:

LOL, Buffalo is actually the best and cheapest way to catch a Leafs game. So much cheaper than ACC prices

That would be a fun collection to see in person although buying it is out of the question for me :D