IGNORED

Found Potential Rare Atari Games

cjrocco

Does anyone know anything about Allhallowseve2000?

Personally, no. I have seen him around the forums, but have had no real interaction with him.

The other user you asked about pages ago, Wonder007, is a well respected collector (with deep pockets). If he was offering you help, I would take it.

Personally, no. I have seen him around the forums, but have had no real interaction with him.

The other user you asked about pages ago, Wonder007, is a well respected collector (with deep pockets). If he was offering you help, I would take it.

VERY deep pockets. Didn't he buy that boxed Air Raid?

Hi Mother-In-Law,

I don't think anyone mentioned this before, but if you have contact from people on AtariAge with offers, you can also check out the user feedback forum, right here:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/forum/104-user-feedback-forum/

(use the search function at the bottom to get a particular user's feedback).

You will get at least some sense of what dealings people have had before on this site.

My 2 cents: if you get a decent offer for the whole lot from a respected member of the community, I'd go for it. Probably not top dollar, but you'll get a fair deal and - most importantly - zero hassle. If you go the eBay route, I'd list the rarer ones (listed previously) on their own, and everything else in one big lot. List them all at once, 99c, combined shipping option, so that you get as much interest across different auctions as possible. Personally, I'd stay away from reserves (they can scare off some bidders, and you'd have to research carefully what a decent reserve is), but I know others use them.

(unfortunately I wont' be involved in either an Atariage or Ebay sale - my pockets won't be anywhere deep enough, and I only collect boxed Atari games anyhow :) )

Good luck with it!

Never accept a deal which stipulates that you must first pay the buyer money, then you send the item, then you will receive compensation for your actions. This should alert you to the following users:

Wonder007

RomHunter

ShawnSr

allhallowseve

Marco

CebusCapuccinus(sic)

Miss2600

RandomTerrain

Albert

CPUWiz

Kyuphus

If anyone knows of any other users please add them.

:?

Never accept a deal which stipulates that you must first pay the buyer money, then you send the item, then you will receive compensation for your actions. This should alert you to the following users:

Wonder007

RomHunter

ShawnSr

allhallowseve

Marco

CebusCapuccinus(sic)

Miss2600

RandomTerrain

Albert

CPUWiz

Kyuphus

Am I reading this right?

Am I reading this right?

I'm not sure if that is an attempt at a joke or the ramblings of a mad man.....

I'm pretty sure it was a failed attempt at humor. Especially since ROM doesn't even collect carts, and there's a couple in there I don't even recognize (or are spelled wrong).

:thumbsdown:

Wonder007

RomHunter

ShawnSr

allhallowseve

Marco

CebusCapuccinus(sic)

Miss2600

RandomTerrain

Albert

CPUWiz

Kyuphus

No - that makes no sense at all????

Wonder007

RomHunter

ShawnSr

allhallowseve

Marco

CebusCapuccinus(sic)

Miss2600

RandomTerrain

Albert

CPUWiz

Kyuphus

What? icon_confused.gif

Wonder007

RomHunter

ShawnSr

allhallowseve

Marco

CebusCapuccinus(sic)

Miss2600

RandomTerrain

Albert

CPUWiz

Kyuphus

I was alarmed to see my name on a list--but I'm with very good company, so I guess it's cool but, as others have posted, it makes no sense. Why would you pay the BUYER money? Isn't the buyer supposed to be paying the money?

Edited by Miss 2600

Wonder007

RomHunter

ShawnSr

allhallowseve

Marco

CebusCapuccinus(sic)

Miss2600

RandomTerrain

Albert

CPUWiz

Kyuphus

:ponder:

Wonder is a box guy though, plus he has all this stuff. Unless he is looking for doubles for trades but I can't see him bringing out the "deep pockets" for extra loose copies.

You can disagree all you want :) I said I would have kept the boxes :P which I did. As a hardcore Atari 2600 nut, ( I am KMD certified ;) )I kept all my boxes as a "serious" collector. Like bfstats and myself; we probably kept the boxes and everything in them. I think that called also be called packratism :D True, many did throw out the boxes :( , aren't you glad bfstats and I hung onto them; so there are at least two of us that are crazy. Cheers, FB :cool:

Yes, back in the day, I was indeed considered crazy. Yes, my wife calls me a packrat (to the rest of you, that's MISTER Packrat). And why would anyone think differently now?! Upon his first look at The Wall, a (so-called) friend referred to it as "a montage of modern stupidity". I've been hearing the criticism since the beginning, and now wear it as a badge of honor thanks to the company I keep. (Um, that's a reference to all of you fellow Forum participants, who I hold in the highest regard - especially YOU, Frostbite).