IGNORED

Found Potential Rare Atari Games

cjrocco

Honestly as a brand new member to this forum I just want to say that the squabble between BennyBingo and Crazy Climber should have been taken to pm's a few pages ago. From what i have seen from this board as an observer, this is a great board and something like that is not needed in a topic discussion.

Awww.... there are just having fun :) This is nothing; now Shawn Sr., There is some old school action :D

I still don't get what the big deal was, I would hardly call it a squabble. Basically I told the lady to take the new guys advice lightly, we don't know him. He got mad because I wasn't worried about his safety only hers and started hurling insults at me. I stopped responding but he kept bringing it up so I told him I'm sorry and suggested we drop it, politely of course. He responded aggresively again, I mentioned that to him and made it clear I wasn't bringing it that direction, he responded aggresively again, I quit responding to him. If thats a squabble it's a pretty lame one.

• Like 1

Honestly as a brand new member to this forum I just want to say that the squabble between BennyBingo and Crazy Climber should have been taken to pm's a few pages ago. From what i have seen from this board as an observer, this is a great board and something like that is not needed in a topic discussion.

Agreed. I'm also a long-time member, and I think this stuff makes us look silly. If I were a visitor like Mother-in-Law and didn't know the personalities involved or didn't have a good reason to stick around (getting some info on their games' worth) would be gone in a New York minute. It's sad that parts of our community aren't particularly welcoming.

• Like 1

So you just joined today and out of all the thousands of discussions to make your first post in you choose this one?

All-rightey then.

This thread is hilarious. It's like 19 pages of a bad stand-up routine.

"You're a fake!"

"No I'm not, here's a picture."

"Looks fake."

"No it doesn't."

"Dudes, obviously this person is legit."

"Obviously, you're a moron."

"I like turtles."

"Turtles are fake."

"Tits or GTFO."

Awww.... there are just having fun :) This is nothing; now Shawn Sr., There is some old school action :D

I still don't get what the big deal was, I would hardly call it a squabble. Basically I told the lady to take the new guys advice lightly, we don't know him. He got mad because I wasn't worried about his safety only hers and started hurling insults at me. I stopped responding but he kept bringing it up so I told him I'm sorry and suggested we drop it, politely of course. He responded aggresively again, I mentioned that to him and made it clear I wasn't bringing it that direction, he responded aggresively again, I quit responding to him. If thats a squabble it's a pretty lame one.

I worry more about the safety of the owner of a bank vault then the person who is invited into the bank vault. It doesn't matter to me if I know the invited person or not. Mother-In-Law should be cautious towards all of us. She shouldn't invite any of us into her bank vault. She doesn't need to prove the existence of her collection beyond any doubt to sell it on Ebay which is her safest and most profitable bet.

So you just joined today and out of all the thousands of discussions to make your first post in you choose this one?

All-rightey then.

I have been lurking here for over the past month, and decided to join today because i wanted to join in a some discussions about intellivision games but this one caught my eye because anything dealing with rare games i am interested in.

Plus, where i choose to make my first post on a website should make no difference to you.

• Like 1

I worry more about the safety of the owner of a bank vault then the person who is invited into the bank vault. It doesn't matter to me if I know the invited person or not. Mother-In-Law should be cautious towards all of us. She shouldn't invite any of us into her bank vault. She doesn't need to prove the existence of her collection beyond any doubt to sell it on Ebay which is her safest and most profitable bet.

Gettin in on the action kinda late...she just said that the first cart is going on eBay in a few days icon_rolleyes.gif. But thanks for the 2 cents. I'll put em towards my bids!!! icon_rolling.gif

and to address this, i wasn't trying to say you or bennybingo were being mean or aggressive, all i was saying is that the conversation between you two kind of derailed this topic here.

• Like 2

Gettin in on the action kinda late...she just said that the first cart is going on eBay in a few days icon_rolleyes.gif. But thanks for the 2 cents. I'll put em towards my bids!!! icon_rolling.gif

I'm not looking for action. After she sells that one cart she still has a bank vault that she could invite someone in.

I have been lurking here for over the past month, and decided to join today because i wanted to join in a some discussions about intellivision games but this one caught my eye because anything dealing with rare games i am interested in.

Plus, where i choose to make my first post on a website should make no difference to you.

Look forward to that. :cool:

As it was so eloquently pointed out by Crazy Climber, nobody here knows me.

I'm sorry you were so offended by me saying she should take your advice lightly, I had no idea it would bother you this much which it must since you have brought it up twice now long after I stopped replying about it. You have only been here one week so I thought it was a good idea to point that out. I have zero interest in these games, I didn't say it for personal gain/etc.. I do think calling me bonehead and the other insults you hurled at me was a little over the top but I know thats a NY thing so I'm willing to drop it if you are :D :) Good luck with your game purchases.

I've only been here a week and I'm already starting to regret the $50 I invested to become a subscription member. Just to be clear, you are not the only one who has pointed out that I am new & this is something not to be trusted here. I can see the reason to be apprehensive based on past painful lessons (yes, I've heard some of the horror stories), but I just wanted to point out that it might have been nice to say "hello new guy! maybe you should be careful meeting with these strangers who are selling their games! We don't know them!". Instead, I felt like you made somewhat of an unfair decision to warn another VERY NEW member of some danger in dealing with ME...because I'm new??? See what I mean?

I was trying to be helpful to this new member since the OP was written, while at the same time, hoping to maybe be lucky enough to purchase some games. I never hid my intentions. I never said I wanted to buy the whole collection. I never even suggested ANY pricing to these nice people. All I said was that I wanted to see the collection and discuss pricing. I've purchased collections in the want ads the same way throughout the years and, I saw this as no different. Caution when buying and selling is a given in this day and age.

I'm not some scammer, and I didn't start collecting atari on the day I paid for a subscription here (not even close). So it should make perfect sense that I was offended. All I did was engage in exactly what this site is designed for (dialogue about Atari games / history amongst collectors), and I am immediately met with that kind of response. If new members aren't really welcome, then why sell subscriptions? Or is it just the new members who walk in with a copy of Video Life under their arm who are ok with some folks here?

Dude,new members are always welcomed!

Crazy Climber was right for the things he was stating! You jumped all over this thread giving all types of advice as if you've been here for years. Then you get mad and start name calling and say you regret spending 50 bucks for a subscription. For all we know you could be some scammer who just started collecting who likes to wear ugly ass masks, trying to give advice to some other newbs about how they should sell their games.

I don't givva damn where you're from, you don't disrespect people just because they were just looking out for other members on the forum!

• Like 1

Crazy Climber was right for the things he was stating! You jumped all over this thread giving all types of advice as if you've been here for years. Then you get mad and start name calling and say you regret spending 50 bucks for a subscription. For all we know you could be some scammer who just started collecting who likes to wear ugly ass masks, trying to give advice to some other newbs about how they should sell their games.

I don't givva damn where you're from, you don't disrespect people just because they were just looking out for other members on the forum!

post-29022-129970756858_thumb.png

This is the only advice and the only PM I sent to the OP. Please tell me exactly what my nefarious intent was here? I never ever asked to go to visit. Then the seller offered up a visit - HERE:

post-29022-129970789464_thumb.png

I really am tired of this and hope that you can all just get the thread back on track. The bottom line is that most of us here would like an opportunity to purchase some of these games, myself included. I don't particularly mind if it is on eBay, here in AA or somewhere in person. At this point, I am done beating a dead horse. My intentions were clear. Obviously, everyone here has been touched in the bad place by some scammer at some point (myself included), and I can understand being a bit sensitive on the matter. I just naturally defend myself when my integrity is questioned, as I am an honest person with no agenda and I never wrote anything to suggest otherwise. Truthfully, I still have strong suspicions that these items will never even hit the auction block. Far too many??? still at this point.

post-29022-129970756858_thumb.png

This is the only advice and the only PM I sent to the OP. Please tell me exactly what my nefarious intent was here? I never ever asked to go to visit. Then the seller offered up a visit - HERE:

post-29022-129970789464_thumb.png

I really am tired of this and hope that you can all just get the thread back on track. The bottom line is that most of us here would like an opportunity to purchase some of these games, myself included. I don't particularly mind if it is on eBay, here in AA or somewhere in person. At this point, I am done beating a dead horse. My intentions were clear. Obviously, everyone here has been touched in the bad place by some scammer at some point (myself included), and I can understand being a bit sensitive on the matter. I just naturally defend myself when my integrity is questioned, as I am an honest person with no agenda and I never wrote anything to suggest otherwise. Truthfully, I still have strong suspicions that these items will never even hit the auction block. Far too many??? still at this point.

If you are a new member, and have to go this far to defend yourself, it is time to just go crack open a beer and let it all go. Please re-read my advice on post 434.

Edited by Tubular Gearhead