roadrunner - 5

rmaerz - 4

BydoEmpire - 3

rounds won -

NoahsMyBro - 1

good luck everyone!

any corrections please post

Edited by roadrunner

This may be my only attempt at this game, because I think I have found what I feel is the worst game in the 5200 library.

I don't know if it's the worst, but I never liked Kangaroo. Definitely one of my least favorites on the 5200... then again, I never liked it much in the arcade, either. I suck at it, too, which probably doesn't help my enjoyment...

This may be my only attempt at this game, because I think I have found what I feel is the worst game in the 5200 library.

Don't be too discouraged Gabriel, once you learn how to jump(and not fall) it get's more fun. Kangaroo is actually a fairly complete and accurate arcade port. I have a little soft spot for it 'cause I used play it in the Arcade(when I was 10!). I would hardly place it in the category of "worst" game. That distinguished honour is reserved for a select few, in an otherwise outstanding library of games; these 5 titles imho must share the "Golden Turkey Award" for worst (released) Atari 5200 game(s):

Congo Bongo--a total disappointment/incomplete/poorly programmed mess of a game(thanks alot SEGA...)

Decathlon--UGGH!; It's OK Activision, your other stuff is great, except for..

SPACE SHUTTLE: A Journey Into Space--yeah, another majorly boring dud of a game

Real Sports Football--an overly cumbersome, counter-intuitive, and boring flop

SUPER BREAKOUT--possibly the worst launch title ever imagined(thanks goes to Atari mgmt for nearly dooming the Super System before it even got off the ground...); No paddle controls!!??...*sigh*

Edited by atariron82

My first try in quite a while 21,300 but I'll easily surpass that when I have some time to play again...

I actually always liked this game on the 5200. I think this version is superior than the actual arcade version myself. Don't know why it doesn't get more love from 5200 fans...

Edited by rxd

Only had a chance to squeeze in a handful of games this morning: 4300. Haven't even cleared the second stage...

I'd like to give the game more time, it wasn't as bad as I remembered from the last time I played it.

Edited by BydoEmpire

I'd attach a photo but I can't figure out how. Doesn't matter I should still beat this score also.

Great score! That's a new 5200 HSC record, congrats! :)

To attach a file, press browse then select the pic to upload (open), after you upload the pic press attach this file. :)

Edited by roadrunner

FWIW, anyone who doesn't like this game hasn't played it enough. This is actually one of the best 5200 games. The first level is quite tame but when you get to level 3 and above and the screen is filled with fruits and monkeys throwing 2 apples at a time at 3 different heights and the monkey on the top is dropping multiple apples on you that bounce towards you this game is great. Also the stock 5200 controller is excellent for this game.

It's games like this that made me fall in love with the 5200 back in the day. This was actually better to play at home than it was in the arcade. That's what I love about the 5200, not only did it have the most popular arcade games at home, quite a few of them were just as good as the arcade and some of them were better than the arcade... :thumbsup:

This turned out to be a fairly fun and addicting game once I got the hang of the super jumps. Thought I would be in contention for the high score but I've been fighting the Flu for the last week and haven't played consistantly.

post-4182-0-97360800-1300662471_thumb.jpg