IGNORED

IDE card.....

marc.hull

Depends on the interest. The tentative count stands at 18 as of now. 30-35 is a number James is comfortable with and since he is really the one putting most the effort into this whole thing I'd say that needs to be the range to hit. If you or anyone else is a good promoter then please get behind it and feel free to go fishing.

Was a poll posted on the Yahoo listserv as well?

Hi All,

I'd love to have an IDE card that essentially worked like a WHT SCSI card - something with real volumes - and something big. Obviously there is no reason to connect a 1 TB drive or anything. But may I suggest that whatever you think is the largest size volume anyone would ever use, or want - go ahead and double that... :)

Cheers, Arthur...

Hi All,

I'd love to have an IDE card that essentially worked like a WHT SCSI card - something with real volumes - and something big. Obviously there is no reason to connect a 1 TB drive or anything. But may I suggest that whatever you think is the largest size volume anyone would ever use, or want - go ahead and double that... :)

Cheers, Arthur...

Out of curiosity, what could you possibly want to store on it that would fill up even 1Gb??? If you took every piece of software ever made for the TI, it would not take that much space...

No worries - everyone asks... :) When I started to build my TI system (because, like many it was my first computer) I didn't want to finish the thing, it sits for awhile, and then goes back into storage. I wanted to put it into production. So I built a nice system in TI Base - and started inputting data. Then I hired a few locals (I live in SE Asia) to help - at this point, my TI Base database is north of 5000 items. (old computer stuff, parts, camera gear, appliances, pictures, empty boxes, owners manuals, gadgets, everything)

I can no longer fit the DB on a floppy - so I am currently using Win994a's HDK emulation. I'm worried that by the time I spin through the US in August to pick up the NanoPEB's I ordered - that the DB will exceed 400K. While in the US I need to inventory the house and hanger - which means books, aircraft parts, tools - again, the project has sort of taken on a life of it's own. Eventually I'll have to split the DB by categories - more files, more data - and so it goes (but I'd like to not live with a 400K limit)... I haven't even started on the books...

Right now the DB is pretty simple - Geo, location, box, category, item, description, model number, manufacturer, quantity, and ebay price. If I add more fields or go for bar code stickers... :)

Anyway - it probably won't go over a gig - but on the other hand, who knows - I have a lot of stuff... :/

The really cool part of this is I no longer have to go out and buy something because I can't find the thing I already have. If, for example - I need to locate my Grundig G3 shortwave portable I can pop over to the TI and type...

DISPLAY Location Box Detail ;FOR (Item="radio").AND.(Mfg="grundig") and it will tell me exactly where the thing is.

DISPLAY Location Box Detail ;FOR (Model="g3".AND.(Mfg="grundig") will tell me the location of the radio, the empty box, and the owners manual / warranty card.

My desk drawer is Box 62 (labelled) - so DISPLAY Item ;FOR Box=62 displays a list of everything in my desk drawer.

So I can check items in, out - and so on...

It's sort of insane - but also sort of fun - tickles the vintage computing bug and has actually solved a lifelong problem of remembering where my stuff is.

No worries - everyone asks... :) When I started to build my TI system (because, like many it was my first computer) I didn't want to finish the thing, it sits for awhile, and then goes back into storage. I wanted to put it into production. So I built a nice system in TI Base - and started inputting data. Then I hired a few locals (I live in SE Asia) to help - at this point, my TI Base database is north of 5000 items. (old computer stuff, parts, camera gear, appliances, pictures, empty boxes, owners manuals, gadgets, everything)

I can no longer fit the DB on a floppy - so I am currently using Win994a's HDK emulation. I'm worried that by the time I spin through the US in August to pick up the NanoPEB's I ordered - that the DB will exceed 400K. While in the US I need to inventory the house and hanger - which means books, aircraft parts, tools - again, the project has sort of taken on a life of it's own. Eventually I'll have to split the DB by categories - more files, more data - and so it goes (but I'd like to not live with a 400K limit)... I haven't even started on the books...

Right now the DB is pretty simple - Geo, location, box, category, item, description, model number, manufacturer, quantity, and ebay price. If I add more fields or go for bar code stickers... :)

Anyway - it probably won't go over a gig - but on the other hand, who knows - I have a lot of stuff... :/

The really cool part of this is I no longer have to go out and buy something because I can't find the thing I already have. If, for example - I need to locate my Grundig G3 shortwave portable I can pop over to the TI and type...

DISPLAY Location Box Detail ;FOR (Item="radio").AND.(Mfg="grundig") and it will tell me exactly where the thing is.

DISPLAY Location Box Detail ;FOR (Model="g3".AND.(Mfg="grundig") will tell me the location of the radio, the empty box, and the owners manual / warranty card.

My desk drawer is Box 62 (labelled) - so DISPLAY Item ;FOR Box=62 displays a list of everything in my desk drawer.

So I can check items in, out - and so on...

It's sort of insane - but also sort of fun - tickles the vintage computing bug and has actually solved a lifelong problem of remembering where my stuff is.

Your insane. But that's cool ;-)....

The IDE card is capable of (and I'll have to verify this before it is gospel).......

2 CF (or other devices) each with a capability of having 4 248 MB partitions (this may be only one device can have 4 partitions, if I can ever find Fred's site again I'll verify.) At any rate this gives you close to 1 GB of storage. If you go over that then you need to sell off some stuff ;-).....

As an aside.....

If anyone has Fred's current URL would you please add it to the developement thread ? If you don't know who Fred is or what he has done, I suggest you visit his site. Hands down the most talented TI programmer out there IMHO. His stuff is always slick and relevent.

If you actually catalog the contents of your desk drawer, then you are definitely "special" :D And I thought I was obsessive/compulsive!

But hey, more power to you my friend. In a sense I envy you because I can't count the number of times I have bought stuff I already had because I either forgot I had it or forgot where is was stashed...

If you actually catalog the contents of your desk drawer, then you are definitely "special" :D And I thought I was obsessive/compulsive!

But hey, more power to you my friend. In a sense I envy you because I can't count the number of times I have bought stuff I already had because I either forgot I had it or forgot where is was stashed...

Yeah. Age does that to you. It happens to all of us! :-)

http://home.vodafonethuis.nl//fgkaal/ —some of the links in the development thread have it right, some don't.

...lee

Thank you.

For those interested I would suggest taking a look at Fred's DSR and tools available here...

http://home.vodafonethuis.nl//fgkaal/

Pay special attention to the COPYFAT program. You will have to download it and look at the files using TIDIR (available from Fred as well.)

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...

Can someone tell me where there might be a list of the error codes(with possible reasons) produced by IDEDIAG or IDELOAD for the IDE card? I have both of me assembled and am trying to troubleshoot why they are not operating. the front yellow light comes on one, but neither is showing the back light.

Thanks for any points in the right direction here.

Actually I think I just found what I was looking for, just had to phrase it right on Google:)

Edited by RickyDean
  • Like 1

I read the error 6150 081B as follows (but no guarantee) :)

4000 SRAM write error

2000 SRAM read error (all data identical over >4100-5FFF)

0100 CRU bit 2 reads high (clock interrupt not detected)

0040 DIP-switch #1 is closed (should be open with a bq4847 clock)

0010 CRU bit 4 does not work (SRAM mapping at >6000-7FFF)

--------

0800 Back LED stays off

0010 Clock battery is low

0008 Clock won't issue interrupts

0002 Clock write error

0001 Clock read error (all bytes identical)
--------
081B

AND for the second screenshot:

Error 6AD1 081B:

4000 SRAM write error

2000 SRAM read error (all data identical over >4100-5FFF)

0800 CRU bit 5 reads low

0200 CRU bit 4 reads low

0080 CRU bit 2 reads low

0040 DIP-switch #1 is closed (should be open with a bq4847 clock)

0010 CRU bit 4 does not work (SRAM mapping at >6000-7FFF)
0001 CRU bit 0 does not work (card select)

--------

6AD1

0800 Back LED stays off

0010 Clock battery is low

0008 Clock won't issue interrupts

0002 Clock write error

0001 Clock read error (all bytes identical)
--------
081B

All this errors appear, so maybe the clock, the SRAM, the jumpers.....

Maybe pull this big black "plastic-box" from the controller, wait an hour, and reseat it,

and then reload the IDEDSR11 to the board, and then the IDETEST again.

xXx

PULL THIS (for an hour maybe):

post-41141-0-77486600-1470260820_thumb.jpg