IGNORED

IDE card.....

marc.hull

No, Tennessee.

It is truly empty though. I have a suspect 32k card I could send as well. It seems to work, but I do not trust sny of the cards I had when I lived in Denver.

I had alot of help when I got started back in the TI world. Just paying it forward in a small way. If you want it, it's yours. It is a 99/4 push button model. You will need to find a flex card for it to be even usable, but at least you will have a foundation. Send me your info.

• Like 1

No, Tennessee.

It is truly empty though. I have a suspect 32k card I could send as well. It seems to work, but I do not trust sny of the cards I had when I lived in Denver.

I had alot of help when I got started back in the TI world. Just paying it forward in a small way. If you want it, it's yours. It is a 99/4 push button model. You will need to find a flex card for it to be even usable, but at least you will have a foundation. Send me your info.

I will take good care of it to ensure that if the time comes, I can do the same for someone else. I'm grateful. Thanks.

• 7 months later...

hmm, last guess :) maybe this jumper does not correspond to the clock-chip ?

"0040 DIP-switch #1 is closed (should be open with a bq4847 clock)"

In post 100 I stated 'Yes, I saw that earlier when you wrote before. I'll try that tonight and see if something good happens. ;-)

'
Well nothing good happened and I haven't had a chance to go over the card(s), but I just got one of my trucks inspected to get the title changed from 'salvage' to 'rebuilt' and have freed up some late evening time (a lot of irons in the fire). Had to replace my soldering iron too. I am going to buy another BQ4847 and check all my solder points on all the smd chips,and then we'll see.
  • Like 2

• 4 years later...

This is a great upgrade to the TI99/4a. No more 90K or 180K floppy storage limitations.

I understand that this card is supposed to support file time stamping.

However, I have not been able to get it to show any time stamps on my system using either either the CF card adapter or an old IDE hard drive.

I've tried it with the 80 column BOOT menu that shows 2 columns for time/date CREATED and UPDATED and nothing is populated for those columns on my files.

According to Fred Kaal's DSR documentation, that feature is supported so at the moment I'm not sure why it doesn't work with the daughter board clock BQ4802.

I'm wondering if this is because of an addressing issue to the clock chip.

I hope Fred can comment on this issue.