IGNORED

Intellivision Info/Resources/FAQ

• 3 months later...

Hey there,

I'm looking for any informaiton on how to hook up an original INTV to an HDTV without the blips and crackles that happen every second when plugged in with a phono/coax adapter. I bought a 10dB signal amp but that didn't help either. Any help would be really appreciated. Want to have a tourney over the Christmas holiday and having a clean screen would be awesome. I have a 42" Panasonic Plasma if that helps.

Thank you!

Di

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I wasn't sure where to post.

Hey there,

I'm looking for any informaiton on how to hook up an original INTV to an HDTV without the blips and crackles that happen every second when plugged in with a phono/coax adapter. I bought a 10dB signal amp but that didn't help either. Any help would be really appreciated. Want to have a tourney over the Christmas holiday and having a clean screen would be awesome. I have a 42" Panasonic Plasma if that helps.

Thank you!

Di

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I wasn't sure where to post.

Hey there, I have the same TV and exactly the same problem... until a couple of weeks ago, when our resident techie, pimpmaul69, suggested to hook it up through an old VCR. It turns out that the RF signal needs boosting. I also tried with an RF modulator and amp with no results.

The VCR worked like a charm! :)

-dZ.

I use an RCA connector with an RCA-to-COAX adaptor at the end, and hook it up to the VCR through the "Antenna IN" COAX jack. Then I connect the "Composite Video OUT" of the VCR with RCA cables to the TV.

My RCA are high-quality, gold plated, shielded cables. Also, try switching the channel selector at the bottom of the Intellivision from 3 to 4 or vice versa.

As pimpmaul69 explained to me, the Composite Video is what worked.

-dZ.

• 10 months later...

I just picked up an IntelliVision Master Component and I'm having some trouble getting it to work properly too.

It did not come with cables, not that big of a deal I tought. Let's dig up an old power cable & the RF-Switch that came with my NES, that'll work right? Well, as I'm experiencing now, it isn't. The fitting of the video cable stops the plug from going all the way into the back of the IntelliVision, wich is very annoying. I also tried this via my DVD/VCR Combo and then using the composite-out as mentioned above; same results.

So I've been looking online and saw al kinds of stuff about modulators to covert the signal from RCA into Coax etc. etc... but then I also found these (See pictures);

Just a single "Male RCA > Male IEC cable" and a "IEC female > RCA Male Adapter" (I live in the Netherlands, so I need an IEC connection)

post-40137-0-46029600-1413530010_thumb.jpg

post-40137-0-42846500-1413530017_thumb.jpg

Will these work just fine? They are a lot cheaper then getting one of those modulator thingies.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Heya! This may not be the right place to ask this, but I didn't want to go and make an extra thread just for a couple questions.

I was wondering if there's any indications as to the release dates of Intellivision games, specifically with Utopia. They have some sort of number attached to them, right? Could we use any of the relatively known dates to work out the release date of a specific game?

I'm also trying to figure out the release of the Intellivision PlayCable. This site lists an issue of EGM in 1982 and shows the advertisement for it, so I have to imagine its late 1981, since all sources I have seen list it as 1981. The commercials were shot in '82 though. Anybody have a more specific date?

This is the official list, set up by the Blue Sky Rangers themselves. And according to this article and this chart, the Intellivision PlayCable was first introduced in 1981.

Thanks for the links, but it's not exactly specific, which is my query. The individual cartridges have a number associated with them, but is that indicative of a particular timeframe?

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Hello,

I have 2 Intellivision cartridges that simply won't work. I tried cleaning them with an eraser, contact cleaner and some 2000 grit sand paper. I only get a black screen. Any chance for me of reviving the cartridges?

Thanks

after the sandpaper i would say no. Edited by pimpmaul69

Hello,

I have 2 Intellivision cartridges that simply won't work. I tried cleaning them with an eraser, contact cleaner and some 2000 grit sand paper. I only get a black screen. Any chance for me of reviving the cartridges?

Thanks

Check out this thread regarding insertion:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/220948-bad-cartridge/

Out of curiosity, which two games? Hopefully nothing too rare.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

In case anyone is interested in Eric7100's recent homebrew sales.

Here's the final stats of the money that he made from his third round of sales:

$778.08 (total money from sales) - $154.23 (packing/shipping expenses & PayPal/eBay fees) = $623.85 (total money left over)

Once again, Eric and Salt thank all of you who bought from them! :) :) :)

• Like 1