IGNORED

Dizzy

Reverse Progress?

The 1st demo was playable, had a scoreboard ... and so on.... it looked like a game and was partially playable.

In the latest version ... nothing to collect.... just some screens to walk through, well, even the last status bar has gone...

Reverse Progress?

The 1st demo was playable, had a scoreboard ... and so on.... it looked like a game and was partially playable.

In the latest version ... nothing to collect.... just some screens to walk through, well, even the last status bar has gone...

sometimes you just have to remove a few things and concentrate on tightening up what is left - you can't debug *everything* at the same time...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

One thing that I would like to see with this game is that the "engine" is released after the main release.

Many, many games could be released, based on this engine. All that would need to be changed is:

1) The game title.

2) The background graphics (and colour schemes)

3) The map.

4) Programmer's name.

5) Object locations and required action sequences.

I'd vote to keep Dizzy the same in all of the games.

The graphic style is very nice and the animation is smooth. Is there any way to eliminate the pause when flipping screens? At the very least, if the music continued in VBI it would be much less jarring, even if the screen did go blank for that quarter second or so.

One thing that I would like to see with this game is that the "engine" is released after the main release.

Many, many games could be released, based on this engine. All that would need to be changed is:

1) The game title.

2) The background graphics (and colour schemes)

3) The map.

4) Programmer's name.

5) Object locations and required action sequences.

I'd vote to keep Dizzy the same in all of the games.

Nice idea but above all nice avatar's photo Steve!

The graphic style is very nice and the animation is smooth. Is there any way to eliminate the pause when flipping screens? At the very least, if the music continued in VBI it would be much less jarring, even if the screen did go blank for that quarter second or so.

Watching the 1st video of the game-demo, this one clearly gets worse and worse every step .

Impressive!

Re: Aspect ratio of main character.

Yeah, he's a bit stretched, but that's pretty much going to happen. Atari's have 160 pixel color resolution. The other platforms have 256 or greater. The images in high-res at the upper corners of the screen pretty much have 2X the resolution, but less color capability. Seems to me, the choice was down to either some very serious trickery and hackery to implement color cells and high-res like the Speccy, or work with the 4 color graphics. On that, the trade-off really is including the shape, or the details, or both. Omit one, and the aspect ratio can be better, but the character won't be as identifiable. Good call on this one, IMHO.

...or, do the whole thing in GR 7 square pixels, with a "pan and scan" display, LOL!!! (that's snark people, not serious)

I like it. Looks very good so far. Seems to me, we've got the art bar raised some in these later productions! Good to see.

Edited by potatohead

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Hm... Seems that someone pirated it directly from cart....

:D :skull: :D

Is that possible? Seriously? I thought cart games never were pirated. Is it really possible to get the data out of a cart? You must be a real Atari Wiz!

Poor development team... they can say goodbye to their money... now one person has the data, tomorrow everybody has it...

• Like 2