IGNORED

WTB: A/V modded Genesis or SMS (or mod service)

jasonbar

Howdy-

I'd like to get my Sega Genesis & Master System A/V modded for S-video output & stereo. As a bonus, it would also be nice to get the "speed up" mod on the Genesis that prevents slow-down during graphics-intensive gameplay.

Does anybody here perform such modding services or have such consoles for sale?

Thanks,

-Jason

I can offer that service for you or I have one without the overclocking willing to trade for a 130xe, intellivision or colecovision

Howdy-

Thanks--you can do S-video & stereo out on both an SMS & Genesis II?

What do you charge, & where do you live? I'm in 91107.

I also realized that I'd like to get my Intellivision AV modded. Composite or, preferably, S-video. Do you do that too?

Thanks,

-Jason

I can offer that service for you or I have one without the overclocking willing to trade for a 130xe, intellivision or colecovision

Howdy-

I also realized that I'd like to get my Intellivision AV modded. Composite or, preferably, S-video. Do you do that too?

Thanks,

-Jason

I can do composite / audio out on all of them.

$40 each w/o shipping.

My location is also in west coast: Vancouver, Canada.

Howdy-

Thanks,

-Jason

I can do composite / audio out on all of them.

$40 each w/o shipping.

My location is also in west coast: Vancouver, Canada.

Do you mean S-video out, rather than composite - on the Genesis?

No I mean composite. (Yellow RCA) Many new tvs dont even have Svideo anymore

True about the new TVs, unfortunately. But why would a Genesis II need modding to output composite? I think I'm getting something wrong here. I've never seen a Genesis that didn't output composite, and the modding I've read about (for Genesis) was always to try to get something BETTER than composite - like S-video or RGB.

Also, because the newer TVs don't have S-video certainly does not negate the desire to have it. It's likely that the retro-gamer will have some S-video TVs around. I think S-video out of the Genesis would be of some interest I'm envious of the Super Nintendo that does it, and looks sharper on my old TVs.

True about the new TVs, unfortunately. But why would a Genesis II need modding to output composite? I think I'm getting something wrong here. I've never seen a Genesis that didn't output composite, and the modding I've read about (for Genesis) was always to try to get something BETTER than composite - like S-video or RGB.

Also, because the newer TVs don't have S-video certainly does not negate the desire to have it. It's likely that the retro-gamer will have some S-video TVs around. I think S-video out of the Genesis would be of some interest I'm envious of the Super Nintendo that does it, and looks sharper on my old TVs.

Some people just don't want to deal with the original cables, they would like nice easy plugins instead of a standalone proprietary cable.

Thanks Keilbaca.

Yes, thats is the idea, to use same A/V cable on all consoles so if the cable is damaged you can just get another one without propetary connector.

Jason:

As per my location, I could pickup mail on WA state for more than one console at the time for an extra fee.

Some people just don't want to deal with the original cables, they would like nice easy plugins instead of a standalone proprietary cable.

Ok, thanks for that. It never occurred to me that the standard cable would be objectionable to someone to the point of packing their console and paying 2-way shipping plus paying the modder for their work, just to avoid the standard cable. But I get it now.

What I don't see is S-video. It seems that this is NOT an easy thing to do with the Genesis, if I understand correctly? It's too bad, because when I have the Genesis and the SNES both hooked to the same S-video CRT (a sharp one, relatively speaking as CRTs go), I do notice the SNES looking sharper. Is it true that the Genesis (at least the II) can't be modded for S-video?

Thanks for the all the feedback & info. I ended up getting my SMS 1 & INTV 1 modded by a fellow who lives half an hour away. He did great work. Info here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151303

Also, it turns out that my Gen 2 isn't moddable, so I just bought a modded Gen 1 & Sega CD 1 set.

Anybody want to buy a Gen 2 + Sega CD 2, working & clean? =D

Thanks,

-Jason