IGNORED

Help w/ Visual bB

Giltygear

My constant problem:

"Missing Binary - Cannot find default.bas.bin and could not compile"

...Or something to that effect.

installed bB step by step (from the bB website". Installed VbB step by step. Tried to compile the samples that came with bB, and keep getting the same message. The compiler is just not making a .bin file and i dont know why.

I'm running Win7 if that helps

My constant problem:

installed bB step by step (from the bB website". Installed VbB step by step. Tried to compile the samples that came with bB, and keep getting the same message. The compiler is just not making a .bin file and i dont know why.

Wrong forum, but you should make sure you can compile from the command-line first. You're never producing a binary. Since you're using the samples it's likely that you didn't set the bB environment variable, set the correct path, coped over SED, etc...

-Jeff

Wrong forum, but you should make sure you can compile from the command-line first. You're never producing a binary. Since you're using the samples it's likely that you didn't set the bB environment variable, set the correct path, coped over SED, etc...

-Jeff

Yeah, i had to re-download the bB binary because the one that i got was missing the "Sed" directory for some reason. works now, thank you.

• 2 months later...

My constant problem:

Same problem here. I followed step by step, a great tutorial "How to make Atari 2600 Games". I can't find any documentation on what to do.

You wrote "Yeah, i had to re-download the bB binary because the one that i got was missing the "Sed" directory for some reason. works now, thank you."

Can you tell me where you got it, please? I really want to use VbB.

Same problem here. I followed step by step, a great tutorial "How to make Atari 2600 Games". I can't find any documentation on what to do.

You wrote "Yeah, i had to re-download the bB binary because the one that i got was missing the "Sed" directory for some reason. works now, thank you."

Can you tell me where you got it, please? I really want to use VbB.

This might fix your problem:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/156089-beginners-guide-to-visual-bb-video/page__p__2296633#entry2296633

www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-commands.html#gettingstarted

That worked! Thank you, thank you, & thank you, to the 10th power!!!

VisualbB_1.0_Build_562 + bB1.1beta_B seem to work. Build 554 must be missing something I guess.....I don't know. I just really want to start learning how to program. Ever since Xmas 81, I've wanted to make a version of Atari 2600 Donkey Kong with 4 boards. I am a LONG way from that point, I know, but all my life I've never really had the discipline or time to learn programming. Now I have nothing but time (& hopefully a little more discipline). I found/downloaded dozens of old Commodore Vic20/64 (my other interest) & Atari 8-bit books programming in PDF. IMO, VbB seems like a good way to start, especially for newbies. I can actually "see" the code as it's changing/compiling, & it helps me understand it. Well again, for your time, I thank you so very very much!