IGNORED

Oh man!

potatohead

There's more information here:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/178829-forum-upgrade-mostly-complete/

I will have a more traditional "AtariAge" skin up and running in a week or so. :) In the meantime, if you don't like this skin, there are a few others you can choose from in the lower-left corner of the page (look for the drop-down that has "IP.Board" in it).

..Al

I just fixed "View New Content"--I didn't have a cron job properly configured for the third-party search engine (Sphinx) we're using. Can you try it again?

Thanks,

..Al

Works! It sees posts I remember. Didn't see this one though. I assume it just picked up the old data, and will update as it can.

Thanks!

Works! It sees posts I remember. Didn't see this one though. I assume it just picked up the old data, and will update as it can.

It takes at most 15 minutes for new posts to show up in "View New Content" due to the way the search system works. This behavior is identical to the previous version of the software, although the new software has much better support for this third-party search engine built in (which means many other types of searches are much faster than they were before). This delay is mostly noticeable when you KNOW there should be a thread in View New Content that hasn't shown up yet (such as this one). Because of the sheer number of posts on AtariAge (over 2,000,000!), we had to use a third-party search engine or we'd need several servers in order to process search results in real-time. This search engine also allows me to offer search keywords as short as two characters (so you can search for "Qb" for instance).

..Al

It takes at most 15 minutes for new posts to show up [...] Because of the sheer number of posts on AtariAge (over 2,000,000!), we had to use a third-party search engine or we'd need several servers in order to process search results in real-time. This search engine also allows me to offer search keywords as short as two characters (so you can search for "Qb" for instance).

..Al

Holy crap!!

That's a ton of posts Al. Both work great. Seeing new threads, and stuff I've contributed to.

Btw, try out the "Spy" tab at the top of the page--it'll show you real-time updates to the forum. This includes displaying new replies, new topics, new blog entries, and so forth. Very useful, and it'll show how many new items there are in the page title, which is visible on background tabs in most browsers.

..Al

Al, it took quite some time for "my content" to finally display this thread. I was on for about an hour last night, just FYI. No big deal, just thought you would be interested in the data point. Saw it this morning.

It was broken for a period of time last night, but it should be working better now (except for the out-of-order posts when viewing "My Content", which is a known issue).

..Al