IGNORED

RAM 320XE

ctirad

Looking forward to this! Gives me a good reason to keep one XL and one XE out to play with! :)

That's what I do. I like my 600XL with the 320XL and my 130XE with dual OS, they are small enough to fit the space I have available. Can't wait for the 2 new upgrades from ctirad and candle. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Due to a total lack of a free time I cannot provide as much informations as I'd like to. Here are at least some brief info of the current status. The hardware is finished. There will be just some small changes of the components placement in the final version of the PCB layout.

Now I'm working on the firmware:

1. Basic 320kB mode (same as in 320XL): DONE.

2. optional stereo covox: DONE

3. *576kB RAMBO mode: DONE

4. 130XE mode with separate ANTIC banking: TO DO

5. internal RAM remaping feature: WIP (there is actullay something very wrong with that mode and I still didn't figured out what :( )

6. *320kB COMPYSHOP mode with separate ANTIC banking: TO DO

7. "OFF" and "64k" modes (even for the 130XE): TO DO

8. cartridge bypass connector: DONE

9. LED signalization: DONE

* will require a simple mod inside Atari.

Still looking for a suitable enclosure!

And finally some photos from the krupkaj pages (Atariada 2011 party):

Protoype board #1 (without cart connector fitted):

20110402-103705_img_3910.jpg

Prototype board #2 plugged to the 130XE:

20110402-122615_at11zb04.jpg

BTW, why I cannot edit the first post?

Just doing it in Basic can be a quick/easy test.

POKE 106,128 to set RAMTOP so the screen will open under $8000.

Then set your banking and open a Graphics 8 screen. Draw a line.

GR. 8:C. 1:PL.0,0:DR. 319,191

Then set the banking such that the Antic access is reverse to what you already had.

• 1 month later...

Optional hardware mod which allows full 576kB of RAM and 320K COMPY SHOP mode. Requires one XNOR gate, one pull up resisotor, one trace cut and a couple of wires.

post-21370-0-66352700-1306698852_thumb.jpeg

The mod is fully transparent and does not affect anything when the RAM320XE card is not present.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all! After a long time of inactivity i finally found and fixed the last bug, so I can send the first batch to the betatesters and then to all others.

Please, don't ask me for the final price now, I have to check and count the actual prices of the components first.

Edited by ctirad
  • Like 5

Good news everyone, the firmware is finished and all the modes work well (I hope). However. I don't know how to test the separate ANTIC banking in 130XE and 320k COMPY SHOP modes. Any hints?

The old 130XE video blitz demo?

Definitely interested in one of these. I was considering doing an internal 320K upgrade on my 130XE but the cheap PCB intimidates me. The fact I can stack an IDEplus on it is pretty awesome too!

I still have my RAM 320XL but am not using it as much lately due to lack of PBI passthrough for my IDE controller.

The old 130XE video blitz demo?

Definitely interested in one of these. I was considering doing an internal 320K upgrade on my 130XE but the cheap PCB intimidates me. The fact I can stack an IDEplus on it is pretty awesome too!

I still have my RAM 320XL but am not using it as much lately due to lack of PBI passthrough for my IDE controller.

Heh! You totally confused me with answering that post from 2011.