IGNORED

RAM 320XE

ctirad

• 4 weeks later...

Cant help with the Ntsc testing, my 130xe is a pal version.

The only thing that i noticed is when using it with Myide, from atarimax, with mybios, the built in cart images didnt work. Although that wasnt much of a problem, because the side loader worked just fine!

Use of disk and cart images, with siousb cable, using aspectq to load disk images and carts that used more than 128k worked just fine as well.

I should look at that cart and see if it is a bug of the 320XE or the MyiDE does some funky stuff with the PORTB register. I have only some very very old internal MyIDE in one of my machines and there is not problem with it. Did you tested other modes as well?

@flanauf-

"The only thing that i noticed is when using it with Myide, from atarimax, with mybios, the built in cart images didnt work."

Are you using original MyIDE flash or MyIDE-II? And which MyBios firmware version are you using?

I'm not aware of the original MyIDE being able to load any .rom images (other than BASIC or AsmEd). Which .rom images are loaded and don't work?

But you also mention "Side Loader" which is used in the original MyIDE, but not in the MyIDE-II. Not trying to be "picky" but it is important to know what you are using to better diagnose.

@Ctirad-

I have a lot of MyIDE & II stuff, and I have ram 320XL's (no XE until production versions). Would it be possible to make any kind of tests with the Ram 320XL with the MyIDE that might be useful to you?

Edit: I did check, and the Ram 320XL does work on a stock 130XE using the Turbo-Freezer PBI adapter (freezer removed, of course). Interesting, I never thought to try that combination before.

-Larry

Yes, that does help. I don't have 4.7d, but I do have 4.7f which also has the embedded rom images. 99.99% sure these were "fixed" so that they could be embedded in the cart, so I wouldn't be particularly concerned if they didn't work. You did hold SHIFT when starting the rom images, didn't you? Those roms don't work at all on the MyIDE (ram) OS (at least on 4.7f).

With my Ram 320XL, these work just fine, so long as you hold SHIFT to load them, just the same as on a stock XE. Presume from what you are saying, that the images worked fine before you attached the Ram 320XE?

I vaguely remember this version with the bunch of included roms, so I imagine that appealed to lots of folks.

-Larry

• 3 weeks later...