IGNORED

Metal Max

Master_Programmer

Hello, i'm a newguy when it comes to atari programming, but definitely not a newguy when it comes to programming.

so, i give to you, my first accomplishment.

Metal Max for the 2600.

The controls are as follows:

On the title screen, Player 1's fire starts the game in 1 player mode, and Player 2's fire starts the game in 2 player mode.

~1 player mode~

Left/right moves you left or right.

fire shoots

Up jumps.

Down does nothing(YET!!!)

player 2's controls are the same.

The dot that flies across the screen is a death dot, and will kill you if you touch it.

you can shoot it for points, or you can let it touch the far edge of the screen for points.

now, after going through the first 2 screens, player 1(or player 2 if player 1 died before this screen) will fight, ALONE against a boss.

after you beat said boss, move to the edge of the screen the boss was at.

on this (LAST) screen, player 2(or player one if it's 1player mode or player 2 died before) will have to fight a boss.

after you beat the boss, consider then game over, as this is a demo, and i don't have an ending screen yet.

HUGE NOTE, due to size limitations, there is NO resetting the game using the reset switch, so you have to exit the game, then go back into it to reset.

Another note: you may have to set the tv to NTSC because for some reason, it auto-detects as PAL.

so this is my first game, and i'm very proud of it so far. :)

Very nice start. IMO it has a distinct MegaMan feel to it.

I would love to see this cleaned up a bit and expanded to a full game. The ability to reset definitely needs to be added at some point. That's my single biggest gripe with this demo. Otherwise, it's looking very good.

Very nice start. IMO it has a distinct MegaMan feel to it.

I would love to see this cleaned up a bit and expanded to a full game. The ability to reset definitely needs to be added at some point. That's my single biggest gripe with this demo. Otherwise, it's looking very good.

the reset has been added. ^^

i got the 32k romsize working. :3

When i get a second demo, i'll release it. :)

Hey there, been quite away from AA the last months (busy at work) ... but at least once a day stopping to see the batari forum!

Really enjoyed your effort. Gotta agree that it has a cool Megaman feel to it. Nice job! :thumbsup:

Thanks! :D

i'm working on making multiple inter-changeable weapons right now. :3

this game is my attempt to make an awesome game for two characters i've been drawing pictures and concept art of for 3 years. XD

The characters are Max and Tabby. :3

the badguys are Xaim(The dark-grey guy player 2 has to fight), and Valentine(the dark purple girl player 1 has to fight). :3