IGNORED

Classic Gamer "TECHNOSIS" has passed away

It is with great regret to let you all know my brother, Chris Burger, who went by the Username "TECHNOSIS" passed away suddenly two weeks ago. Technosis joined the AtariAge forum back in 2003 and had many many discussions on this particular section of the forums. Chris lived in Milton Ontario from 1995 to 2008 and worked at Atomic Energies Canada as a very accomplished Electrical Technician. He then worked for the St Lawrence Seaway from 2008 until present.

Chris was a very avid Classic Game collector and player. His hobby gave him two decades or more of everlasting enjoyment. He would be up at the crack of dawn going to garage sales, scouring good will thrift stores, and wheeling and dealing at gaming stores. He loved fleamarkets. He loved Super Nintendo, and PS2 and happily amassed a gigantic collection of games in these and most other genres. He had very unique tastes in techo music, techo lighting, gizmos and odd collectibles.

He had a unique sense of humour unmatched by anyone I know. He never married and had no children - a woman would have gotten in the way of his Classic Game focus! We loved Chris deeply.

Chris was 41 but looked 32. He developed type 2 diabetes in the last couple years. He fell into a diabetic coma due to low blood sugar. Living alone with no one there to be alerted to his condition, he silently passed away into the arms of awaiting angels. We are devastated and traumatized at this extremely significant loss in our small family, to put it mildly.

Thank you to all who have passed on their condolences through this User name Lance_Miller (it was a secondary account of Chris's I stumbled upon) without even knowing it was Technosis who died. You guys on this forum have a heart of gold and its felt across the miles.

Big hugs,

Sue Phillips

(Chris's sister who lives on the west coast of Canada)

(Special thanks goes out to dear "5-11under" who helped me piece together things and learn that everyone knew Chris as "TECHNOSIS" . 5-11 actually knew my beloved brother from fleamarkets etc.)

I point out this medical condition here because its a very small attempt of mine (but maybe a lame one :( to create some education about how deadly alcohol and diabetes can be.

Thank you for that information about alcohol and diabetes. I had no idea. It is sad to think that if someone had been there he could still be alive today. :(

Wow, that is very sad. I emailed Chris a bit when I was first getting back into collecting and we were both on the rec.games.video.classic newsgroup. He did many kind little things for me--I believe my Atari 5200 Blueprint cartridge is one that he mailed to me for next to nothing after I complained about losing an "auction" on the newsgroup. 1998 or thereabouts.

I'm very sorry for your loss--I hoping that knowing he touched many lives through this great community provides some comfort.

Wow, that really does provide a lot of comfort...knowing all the nice things he did. He was a good guy, he rarely if ever swore, always polite and he never hurt a soul in all his life. A gentle kind person. thanks for sharing. And thanks all for your condolences. its been supremely difficult. I'm still shocked.

Sue