IGNORED

My Vectrex Collection

trueskins

Hi, from Barcelona, just want to show my Vectrex collection, which is probably one of my favourite parts of my retrogaming collection. A system certainly hard to collect in different terms...Boxed Vectrex is Germany and even includes the small and original salt bags for humidity, the other one is a spanish Vectrex.All games are 100% complete.Hope to continue completing it.

th_55046_IMG_0862_122_16lo.JPGth_55094_IMG_0863_122_542lo.JPGth_55141_IMG_0864_122_463lo.JPG

th_55189_IMG_0865_122_53lo.JPGth_55238_IMG_0866_122_599lo.JPGth_55287_IMG_0867_122_7lo.JPG

th_55336_IMG_0868_122_108lo.JPGth_55385_IMG_0869_122_114lo.JPGth_55432_IMG_0870_122_504lo.JPG

th_55479_IMG_0871_122_1019lo.JPGth_55528_IMG_0872_122_384lo.JPGth_55575_IMG_0873_122_985lo.JPG

th_55623_IMG_0874_122_226lo.JPGth_55669_IMG_0875_122_1014lo.JPGth_55717_IMG_0876_122_159lo.JPG

th_55767_IMG_0877_122_462lo.JPGth_55816_IMG_0878_122_580lo.JPGth_55865_IMG_0879_122_431lo.JPG

• Like 3

thanks everybody for the comments

Ransom: By now, I have been collecting Vectrex for almost exactly theree years...

Nathan: I also have multi-games cartridge,althoug Vectrex is a system that deserves having the complete games with overlays, etc...However,not a cheap system for sure...

Desfeek: Yes, certainly, i want those "very rare" games and I'm aware of how expensive they are. First I want to complete the "general" catalogue, then begin witch lighpen and 3d-imager. And a Usa-Vectrex or Japanase-Vectrex would be a good addition (however I'have never seen a japanese Vectrex on Ebay on being sold in any forum)

Nathan: I also have multi-games cartridge,althoug Vectrex is a system that deserves having the complete games with overlays, etc...However,not a cheap system for sure...

True - the overlays are part of the whole charm of the system. I suppose when I get into it, I'll figure out which games I really like (using the multi-cart), and then start gradually picking up overlays for those, or even complete copies of them. I suspect it'll be a pretty manageable list.

Yeah that Bandai Kousokusen is pretty much impossible to come by. It pushes multiple thousands of dollars if it is ever available.

Still a very nice collection, add some homebrews!

Well, by the moment I have Vectopia and Gravitrex (7,8, Pictures) but Protector and I,Cyborg are two adittions that I seriously consider for new buy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

i just got another boxed game :D

Which one did you get?

spike :)

Cool! Have you tried it out?

not yet, i ordered it yesterday, but i own a multicart so i can play every game already. but im trying to collect every game for the vectrex boxed besides minestorm 2 and mr.boston (you can imigine why lol) so far i have 6 :P but ive been recently trying harder to get more vectrex games :P

I'm new to AtariAge so I'm not sure where to post this. I spend the weekends during the summer at the flea market searching for video games. I found a complete GCE Vectrex in the box. The owner said she wanted $20 for it so I bought it. I got home and started to unbox the Vectrex and I found a game inside. The game is Mr. Boston Clean Sweep. I'm new to Vectrex collecting so I wasn't sure what this was; I was just happy to have found a game tucked inside the Vectrex box. After researching the game I found that the Mr. Boston version of this game was part of a collaboration between GCE and Mr. Boston Liquors. I tried to find more on the promotion or prototype or whatever but there's not much out there. An interesting fact is that my Vectrex has a sticker that says, "Property of Glenmore Distilleries Co. Louisville Kentucky." I found that Mr. Boston was a subsidiary of Glenmore in the 80s. I guess this Vectrex and Mr. Boston Clean Sweep were given to the parent company.

I have one problem though. I tried to play the Mr. Boston cart but the game will not load past the screen where you choose the number of players. The game does display the Mr. Boston advertisement. The Vectrex will play Mine Storm that is built-in. I've read that the solder points in the Vectrex are known to go bad. I ordered a copy of Spike online so I can test the system. I'm praying the second game does not load so I can point my finger at the Vectrex. If the cart will not load I have a guy in Denver that can test the cart for me on a known good Vectrex.

I don't know how to upload a photo in the posts but I will email anyone upon request. How do you upload a photo? I only see how to link to another site.

Bayougames

• Like 1

Sounds like you got a great deal on a boxed Vectrex. Mr. Boston Clean Sweep is an exceedingly rare game! To find it boxed just like that! The owner had no idea what he was selling! To post pictures you need to host them on something like Picasa and link to them. I suppose you could put them up in the Gallery here on AA as well and then link to them. Would be great if you could post pictures.