IGNORED

crysis 2

xg4bx

Is anybody else excited for this? Here's some vids of single player mode-

http://enkeixpress.wordpress.com/2011/03/18/crysis-2-leaked-xbox-360-gameplay/

The best is the 3rd video, it gives a nice taste of some tactical gameplay. I read a review the other day where the reviewer said it took him 13 hours to beat. That's unheard of for an fps these days considering I beat recent releases like homefront in 5. It also feels odd to see an fps that doesn't consist of a hallway and a npc with an m16 screaming "follow me! Hurry up!" at you lol.

• Like 1

The game looks really neat and I have it on hold at the library. However, I'm disappointed in the "Reach Level 50" multiplayer achievement. I really dislike it when they add in major grind-fests like this to artificially extend the life of their games.

Ugh, I downloaded the demo to my PS3, and every time I boot it up, it says it lost internet connection :?

I've tried it on wireless and wired and I get the same result they need to fix this...

I read a story on Kotaku that the demo is bugged and supposedly its been pulled from PSN.

Mendon

I will update this post soon, as I am bringing in my computer into work to do some work to it, and to download the Crysis 2 demo. :)

If its like the first one, it'll be fun to play, but the multiplayer wasn't that great on the 1st Crysis. We're probably going to play this at the lan party I go to, so I'm pretty excited for this.

Ugh, I downloaded the demo to my PS3, and every time I boot it up, it says it lost internet connection :?

I've tried it on wireless and wired and I get the same result they need to fix this...

I read a story on Kotaku that the demo is bugged and supposedly its been pulled from PSN.

Mendon

Will they be putting a fixed one up?

The demo I downloaded on Steam is a multiplayer demo only. They make you create a multiplayer account and you can only play on one of their official servers (you can't create a game just to test the engine and see how it performs). The two servers available were conveniently full, and then magically disappeared from the list completely after trying a few times. That was a waste of a 2GB download..

Although the PS3 i play on i do not own but is in my house, i downloaded the demo and it played fine online, are you sure its not how your network is set up thats causing the issue, upnp could be disabled on your network, the hardware firewall could be causing issues, your NAT could be set to strict which will do the same thing, many people blame the game but its the users network causing most of the connection issues everyone sees (both on the PS3 and 360)..

Picked it up. Its stunning. Easily the best graphics so far and the game is a ton of fun to boot. Its so refreshing to play an open fps instead of a corridor crawler.

You could probably spend hours just looking around, there's all sorts of nook&crannies and even some collectibles. I'm only 2 hours or so in but I'm beyond impressed.

IGN gave this game a 9.0 although they seem pretty generous with their ratings especially for big name titles.

The video review they have up certainly makes it look like it's worth the rating:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/115/1156446p1.html

That's the thing, ign gives so many overly high ratings that its hard to seperate the truly good ones from the "paid for" reviews.

So far this game is genuinely good and I usually poo poo everything.

While the game does look good, I feel it is not a true crysis game. If it was it would for one not work on consoles and two crash people's computers and cause them to spend a couple thousand dollars on a new computer just to be able to play it like the original Crysis game did.

Edited by ATARI7800fan

While the game does look good, I feel it is not a true crysis game. If it was it would for one not work on consoles and two blow up people's computers and cause them to spend a couple thousand dollars on a new computer just to be able to play it like the original game did.

Maybe they decided that they would sell more games by not going that approach...

While the game does look good, I feel it is not a true crysis game. If it was it would for one not work on consoles and two crash people's computers and cause them to spend a couple thousand dollars on a new computer just to be able to play it like the original Crysis game did.

The consoles are scaled back from a high end PC experience. A lot...

And if you don't have a high end PC and crank up Crysis 2, it'll just turn into a slideshow.

I wasn't terribly impressed with the game. Seems like a step back from Crysis and Warhead in terms of gameplay, environments, missions, and controls. The graphics don't really seem to have improved any, either, but then it IS just a console game now.