IGNORED

HSC8 Round 5: Berzerk

Has anybody ever gotten 5 lives in Berzerk (4 extra plus current life)? I was soooo close. I had three extra lives, 9850 points and only one robot left to kill. Bonus would have been 110 points, which, with the 50 for killing the robot would have put me over 10,000 for the bonus life. I moved over the top of the wall to kill the last guy, but stupidly went one pixel too high, allowing him to kill me. (yes, I swore very loudly when that happened)

Here's some Christmas music to go along with your tree and lights. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8oAU56MTS8

Sadly (or perhaps, thankfully) I can't see what Christmas music you're posting. I use BeOS for browsing and it doesn't do embedded flash.

Edited by Mr.Amiga500

Thought I'd entered a parallel universe for a while there but it all makes sense now I've read the previous posts :D So Mr.A thinks it's Christmas every day... that explains everything... (I bet he wraps up presents for himself too) ;)

You'll be pleased to hear that my Berzerk scores are getting lower :x

Latest Tables:

Berzerk (atari)

1st orpheuswaking 20460 13pts*

2nd Deteacher 17670 12pts*

3rd Mr.Amiga500 14510 11pts*

4th a8isa1 9810 9pts

5th Goochman 9330 8pts

6th therealbountybob 8960 7pts

7th slyde 8480 6pts

8th BrianC 7680 5pts

9th Philsan 7080 4pts

10th roadrunner 6740 3pts

11th beamer320i 5350 2pts

12th zylon 4340 2pts

13th NML32 3790 1pt

14th littleman jack 3750 1pt

15th gwobby 2660 1pt

16th bluecat 1930 1pt

17th travlar 1100 1pt

Maniac!

1st therealbountybob 340 2pts

2nd Deteacher 290 1pts

3rd roadrunner 120 1pts

4th Goochman 100 1pts

Berzerk (KE)

1st a8isa1 19800 2pts

2nd Deteacher 6130 1pts

3rd roadrunner 4350 1pts

4th orpheuswaking 4150 1pts

5th therealbountybob 4120 1pts

K-razy ShootOut

1st Deteacher 29260 4pts

2nd therealbountybob 21680 3pts

3rd Goochman 16660 3pts

4th a8isa1 13480 3pts

5th beamer320i 12070 2pts

6th zylon 7250 2pts

7th orpheuswaking 6450 2pts

8th roadrunner 6120 2pts

9th travlar 750 1pts

Thought I'd entered a parallel universe for a while there but it all makes sense now I've read the previous posts :D So Mr.A thinks it's Christmas every day... that explains everything... (I bet he wraps up presents for himself too) ;)

How'd you guess? No, it's just the Christmas lights. I like the multi-coloured lighting. There's no tree, no presents and no carollers tied up in the basement, forced to sing endless Christmas songs.

Maniac!

2nd Deteacher 290 1pts

3rd roadrunner 120 1pts

4th Goochman 100 1pts

You know, I think therealbountybob adds these lame side games just so that he can be the winner of the one nobody wants to play.

How'd you guess? No, it's just the Christmas lights. I like the multi-coloured lighting. There's no tree, no presents and no carollers tied up in the basement, forced to sing endless Christmas songs.

Maniac!

2nd Deteacher 290 1pts

3rd roadrunner 120 1pts

4th Goochman 100 1pts

You know, I think therealbountybob adds these lame side games just so that he can be the winner of the one nobody wants to play.

Gotta have some way of winning the hat-trick of back to back HSC titles to equal the almighty Fandal... had to have the last challenger removed from the entire forum, then there's this Deteacher guy who keeps playing too much... gotta wait for him to go on holiday and cram in 10 games that week :D (Seriously if anyone is away this season let me know and I'll sort out a grace period) :)

Here's some Christmas music to go along with your tree and lights. :)

Sadly (or perhaps, thankfully) I can't see what Christmas music you're posting. I use BeOS for browsing and it doesn't do embedded flash.

It's Mariah Carey singing All I Want For Christmas Is You.

Since u can't see the video i'll post this instead. :)

Merry Christmas! :)

post-22103-0-56674600-1301155947_thumb.jpg

post-22103-0-74579900-1301155957_thumb.jpg

post-22103-0-10400000-1301155967_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Maniac!

2nd Deteacher 290 1pts

3rd roadrunner 120 1pts

4th Goochman 100 1pts

Gotta have some way of winning the hat-trick of back to back HSC titles to equal the almighty Fandal... had to have the last challenger removed from the entire forum, then there's this Deteacher guy who keeps playing too much... gotta wait for him to go on holiday and cram in 10 games that week :D (Seriously if anyone is away this season let me know and I'll sort out a grace period) :)

Actually, I'm on Spring Break this coming week and I'll be home the whole time, so I hope to boost my scores up even more. Watch out. :)

Okay, now I see it. My screen froze on the last game and never displayed my rank. The second game, the screen kept going.

K-Razy Shoot-Out

Used 2 casings if that counts for anything.

Robots kept appearing on me and killing me. Does anyone else have this issue? I guess it's best to stay towards the middle of the screen. This shooter shoots from the opposite side of his body than the shooter in Berzerk, so it takes a little getting used to. But I love the low-fi sounds and screen effects.

Has anybody ever gotten 5 lives in Berzerk (4 extra plus current life)? I was soooo close. I had three extra lives, 9850 points and only one robot left to kill. Bonus would have been 110 points, which, with the 50 for killing the robot would have put me over 10,000 for the bonus life. I moved over the top of the wall to kill the last guy, but stupidly went one pixel too high, allowing him to kill me. (yes, I swore very loudly when that happened)

I finally managed to get 5 lives:

post-9712-0-03187500-1301173785_thumb.png

Didn't last too long, though. It gets too tough when you're getting shot at from all directions. I'm going to break 20K if it kills me.

Thanks... and a Happy New Year to you!

HappyNewYear.jpg

(apparently, Otto got the blonde on the right. "Got the humanoid. Got the bimbo.")

But got a screen shot finally.

Attached my very low Berzerk score as well. :roll:

post-16734-0-41968400-1301162438_thumb.jpg

That red glowing dot gives it a weird "Tron-like" look. I like it.

Didn't last too long, though. It gets too tough when you're getting shot at from all directions. I'm going to break 20K if it kills me.

Very impressive. What joystick are you using? (...and are you sure that emulator is running at full speed? ;))

Edited by Mr.Amiga500

Thanks... and a Happy New Year to you!

HappyNewYear.jpg

(apparently, Otto got the blonde on the right. "Got the humanoid. Got the bimbo.")

But got a screen shot finally.

Attached my very low Berzerk score as well. :roll:

post-16734-0-41968400-1301162438_thumb.jpg

That red glowing dot gives it a weird "Tron-like" look. I like it.

Very impressive. What joystick are you using? (...and are you sure that emulator is running at full speed? ;))

Well, full speed on my machine is about 1,500% at full screen. I'm running my emulator at 100% :) I'm using my trusty CX-40 with the Stelladaptor. :)

K-Razy Shoot-Out

How do you get your rank or title in this game that most people seem to be posting? Was it by pressing shift and 1, or ctrl and 1 at the end of a game? Or does TRBB assign them? :)

Quite a few games use seem to use Control and 1 (same as in BASIC) for pause instead of the regular escape or space bar (don't know if this is down to the language they are written in?) :)

p.s. Way to go littlemanjack :thumbsup:

new tables later on...

Thanks!

That red, glowing dot is from the flash on my wife's camera, which I don't know how to shut off. I have some learning to do. But I like the Tron explanation better. Much better.

Tron my rear end... That's HAL 9000 from 2001

"What are you doing Dave"