IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 4 Round 3 Gremlins

roadrunner

post-22103-0-07857100-1300729056_thumb.png post-22103-0-86924500-1300729068_thumb.png

Settings - Start on night 3 (default)

Deadline to post scores April 4th 2011 at 11AM EST

Any control setup is fine

Emulation is ok

Screenshots are great but not mandatory

The All Time 5200 HSC Record is 1,100,825 by Gabriel

Final high scores -

1. doctorclu (2,503,623) +11 points

2. atariron82 (2,501,144) +10 points

3. sdamon (603,546) +9 points

4. roadrunner (243,311) +8 points

5. NoahsMyBro (58,713) +7 points

6. DensB68 (23,855) +6 points

7. NML32 (11,290) +5 points

8. BydoEmpire (5,774) +4 points

current standings -

points -

DensB68 - 19

rxd - 19

sdamon - 17

atariron82 - 16

NoahsMyBro 14

Gabriel - 13

BydoEmpire - 10

roadrunner - 10

doctorclu - 4

rmaerz - 4

rounds won -

NoahsMyBro - 1

rxd - 1

Good luck everyone.

Any corrections please post.

Edited by roadrunner

I've been exploring the game and I noticed the difficulty ramps up at a very gradual rate, with the last 'uptick' occuring around night 340. The gremlins get a bit more apoplectic when trapped, and more erratic and quick as you slash away down to the last couple of crazy fast ones(be ready!). The mogwai start to really zip around on the bonus boards and if you're lucky will follow your lead and run towards you enmass when they see you. What makes the game "easy" to some is the extra man every 10K. My forces were wittled down to just two men by night 499!(pic 1). I then increased my resolve and fought past night 550, gaining back some men and stopping a little over 2.5 million. Its hard to say where the counter will flip in this game, but undoubtedly it would take a very long time to find out. The extra space between the millionth place and the lives counter leads me to believe it could exceed 9.99 million! What prevents this game from increasing greatly in difficulty seems to be balance between the amount of moving objects on the screen and slowdown ;) There's a lot going on in this game all at once, more than most other 5200 games. The graphics are close to the best achievable for the system, and the music is great too. I'm just glad it was finally released :)

post-21471-0-28585100-1301085132_thumb.jpg,post-21471-0-26114800-1301085259_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I've been exploring the game and I noticed the difficulty ramps up at a very gradual rate, with the last 'uptick' occuring around night 340. The gremlins get a bit more apoplectic when trapped, and more erratic and quick as you slash away down to the last couple of crazy fast ones(be ready!). The mogwai start to really zip around on the bonus boards and if you're lucky will follow your lead and run towards you enmass when they see you. What makes the game "easy" to some is the extra man every 10K. My forces were wittled down to just two men by night 499!(pic 1). I then increased my resolve and fought past night 550, gaining back some men and stopping a little over 2.5 million. Its hard to say where the counter will flip in this game, but undoubtedly it would take a very long time to find out. The extra space between the millionth place and the lives counter leads me to believe it could exceed 9.99 million! What prevents this game from increasing greatly in difficulty seems to be balance between the amount of moving objects on the screen and slowdown ;) There's a lot going on in this game all at once, more than most other 5200 games. The graphics are close to the best achievable for the system, and the music is great too. I'm just glad it was finally released :)

WOW Great score!! :thumbsup:

Night 550 :-o

I wonder if their is a night 1,000 or if the nights go back to night 1?

Congrats on breaking the 5200 HSC record. :thumbsup:

It looks like this round could come down to who has the most time to play this game. :ponder:

Congratulations. That score must have taken a few hours.

Thanks, it took two sessions with an intermission(dinner) at the 1-million mark, for a total of about six and a half hours...I'm def Gremlin'd out. :D

Edited by atariron82

603,546. I lost interest at this point. As reported before, once you've mastered this game (which isn't all that hard), you can pretty much play it forever. I would love to see a hack of the game with no extra lives awarded... kind of a Gremlins: Tournament Edition.

I'm curious if atariron82 was counting nights manually or if there are slightly different versions of the game out there. For me, the nights stopped incrementing at 99. This also happened to another High Score player - post # 15 here ... Previous Gremlins High Score thread

post-2092-0-81971400-1301674785_thumb.jpg

Edited by sdamon

603,546. I lost interest at this point. As reported before, once you've mastered this game (which isn't all that hard), you can pretty much play it forever. I would love to see a hack of the game with no extra lives awarded... kind of a Gremlins: Tournament Edition.

I'm curious if atariron82 was counting nights manually or if there are slightly different versions of the game out there. For me, the nights stopped incrementing at 99. This also happened to another High Score player - post # 15 here ... Previous Gremlins High Score thread

That's interesting that some versions the night counter stops at 99.

I see me and atariron82 are doing alot better at this game since we last played it. :) :thumbsup:

;) There's a lot going on in this game all at once, more than most other 5200 games. The graphics are close to the best achievable for the system, and the music is great too. I'm just glad it was finally released :)

I agree. I think the game was up there with what we would come to expect of the Nintendo. Mannnnn.... So much fun, and good AI for the Gremlins and Mogwai.

Speaking of which, what the most Mogwai that any of your have collected? So far the most I collected one screen is 19.

atariron82 - 2,501,144

roadrunner - 243,311

BydoEmpire - 5,774

This has to be the widest point spread of any HSC ever!

It could be. :ponder:

I got a feeling someone might post a score of 3 or 4 million before this round is over. :-o :ponder:

I was really shooting to be that 3 million guy, but as time would allow I managed 2,503,623

I thank Atarion82 for a worthy goal. :)

post-4709-0-98919600-1301918442_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

atariron82 - 2,501,144

roadrunner - 243,311

BydoEmpire - 5,774

I got a feeling someone might post a score of 3 or 4 million before this round is over. :-o :ponder:

I was really shooting to be that 3 million guy, but as time would allow I managed 2,503,623

WoW! Great going doctorclu...you can finally rest now :sleep:

(My highest Mogwai grab was 10; 19 is heck of alot on one screen---water?!)

To sdamon: Yeah, I counted the nights manually ;)

[WoW! Great going doctorclu...you can finally rest now :sleep:

(My highest Mogwai grab was 10; 19 is heck of alot on one screen---water?!)

Quite a feat of keeping track of the screens. To any hackers out there I would like to see the following changes:

1) Night counter keeping track of the nights beyond 99

2) A life counter with numbers, not icons, so you can know how many lives you really have.

3) A counter for flashes, same as number 2.

4) Use of the TV past night 10.

I liked the idea of a tournament edition to Gremlins where no extra lives are given.

POPCORN MACHINE

1) Mod so you can activate the popcorn machine. Why not, it was for humans first.

2) Mod to disable/destroy the popcorn machine. Common, you have a sword.

TV

Aside from being able to have it past night 10, I would like there to be a way to turn the TV OFF if you want to. :)

Two player simo on Gremlins would be boss!

-------------------------------------

Ok that was a tangent. To answer your question on how I got 19 Mogwai, I got rid of all the Gremlins, saves a Mogwai, and then led him so that he didn't step in puddles till they were ready. Then I when I led him towards the puddles BOOM! Mogwai population explosion!

Doing the Mogwai farm is a lot of fun. The only problem you run into is that damn popcorn machine!!

atariron82 - 2,501,144

roadrunner - 243,311

BydoEmpire - 5,774

Great score!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: