IGNORED

catastrof ! disk controller help

rocky007

Pff, bad news.. this morning i at least found a working 3"1/2 disk drive, and working with TI99 (Thanks opry ;) ).

I used it perfectly, copying disk from 5.25 to 3.5 without trouble.

After, i tryed HxC card a little, to make some test. This evening, i try to reconnect everything, and....TI99 don't want to start anymire : blocking on blue screen before the welcome screen.

I tryed the follwing things :

- disconnecting all drives : blue screen

- connect only the original TI drive : blue screen

- removing 32ko, RS232 card from PE BOX : blue screen

- removing the floppy controller : working, have access to menu

- .. inversed the floppy cable ( between the floppy controller and the drive ) : have access to menu, but of course floppy don't work

So, i suppose my disk controller is dead :(

Have you idea ? Is somebody here have a disk controller to resell ?

Thanks ;)

Since I don't have a PBOX - and I'm a little unclear on what you attempted...

- .. inversed the floppy cable ( between the floppy controller and the drive ) : have access to menu, but of course floppy don't work

So that makes it sound like system works with controller card in... One thing I do recall is that the drives have to have shunts or something - drive 1 needs to know it's drive 1 and drive 2 must know the same thing. I don't recall if there needed to be a terminator or something too...

Good luck!

sorry if i wasn't clear :

the terminator is correct : basically, the PE BOX had 1 floppy drive (the original TI drive). When i connect the TI drive to disk controller, it don't work.

When i switch on the TI99, i just have one blue screen.

When i inverse the floppy cable ( normally, it's forbidded )...the TI99 switch on, but of course reading a disk don't work. When i disconnect the floppy drive, i also have a blue screen.

From my previous test, even when the terminator not good, or no floppy connected, the TI always start...but have error when trying to use a the floppy drive.

Pff, bad news.. this morning i at least found a working 3"1/2 disk drive, and working with TI99 (Thanks opry ;) ).

I used it perfectly, copying disk from 5.25 to 3.5 without trouble.

After, i tryed HxC card a little, to make some test. This evening, i try to reconnect everything, and....TI99 don't want to start anymire : blocking on blue screen before the welcome screen.

I tryed the follwing things :

- disconnecting all drives : blue screen

- connect only the original TI drive : blue screen

- removing 32ko, RS232 card from PE BOX : blue screen

- removing the floppy controller : working, have access to menu

So, i suppose my disk controller is dead :(

Have you idea ? Is somebody here have a disk controller to resell ?

Thanks ;)

If your system starts regularly without the FDC in but freezes when it is installed then I would guess your FDC has bit the dust, TI model correct ?

I would ask as to how you had them cabled (one cable per drive or chained on one cable) and how the 5.25" drive was terminated ?

I have an Extra TI FDC if it turns out you need one.

i set it like origine. One cable from disk controller ( TI ) to TI floppy drive, with the good termination (i never changed the termination ). So, i think i killed the disk controller after trying the HxC emulator. Since i tryed it, the TI freeze.

Can you make me an offer in PM, shipping to belgium ;) thanks

i set it like origine. One cable from disk controller ( TI ) to TI floppy drive, with the good termination (i never changed the termination ). So, i think i killed the disk controller after trying the HxC emulator. Since i tryed it, the TI freeze.

Can you make me an offer in PM, shipping to belgium ;) thanks

Yea not a problem but what the hell is the HxC emulator ?