IGNORED

Is this legit?

OldAtarian

I'm thinking scam. ;)

Call me crazy, but I never heard of this:

"I just sold one of these Darth Vaders that I bought in 1984 it came with a 16 turbo graphics cord which was used on Atari Computers up until they started putting them on the Atari 7800 pro system."

I don't know what this guy is referring to. To the best of my knowledge, the TG16 didn't even hit the scene till 1989! That and I never heard of NEC sharing hardware with Atari 2600 or 7800. Maybe someone else knows more about this. If so, I would be interested to hear the history. If not, I would lean even more towards this being a hoax.

That's a vader top with an Atari 4 switch faceplate and bottom.

Nothing special, just a scam.

I'm thinking scam. ;)

Call me crazy, but I never heard of this:

"I just sold one of these Darth Vaders that I bought in 1984 it came with a 16 turbo graphics cord which was used on Atari Computers up until they started putting them on the Atari 7800 pro system."

I don't know what this guy is referring to. To the best of my knowledge, the TG16 didn't even hit the scene till 1989! That and I never heard of NEC sharing hardware with Atari 2600 or 7800. Maybe someone else knows more about this. If so, I would be interested to hear the history. If not, I would lean even more towards this being a hoax.

That's a different card than what is used in the NEC. At any rate, if this is the case, ask the seller to take a picture of the inside of the Atari. If its not shielded, it'll reveal the chips. If it is... unfortunately that's a guessing game, but AFAIK they did not use any special hardware, being the 2600 was in production for a while.

Why they would use custom chips, when they have had plenty of 4 switch and 6 switch Atari 2600's in circulation makes no sense to me.

Edited by keilbaca

As Keilbaca said, its easy to build one of these up and the description has too many things that sound fishy. Even if the seller is sincere, I have personally swapped bottoms to change out broken cases before and the vader plastic completely interchanges so there would be no way to verify such a franken console.

• 2 weeks later...

This seller is a scam artist. I won something from her a month ago but she "lost it" and couldnt send it to me. She didnt get as much money as she wanted for the item so that was her excuse to get out of honoring the sale. Makes up fake stores and values.

Edited by coyo5050