IGNORED

Wizardry on the PS3

cimerians

http://www.destructoid.com/xseed-bringing-wizardry-labyrinth-of-lost-souls-to-us-197094.phtml

I have been waiting for a long time for another Wizardry RPG to hit a console.

I have all the old PC versions from Sir-Tech and I played one on the NES. I also finished a Wizardry for the PS2 console ages ago.

Anyone else a fan?

Classic 1st person dungeon crawls return! :)

Adventurer Registry-noscale.jpg

Main game screen-noscale.jpg

Edited by cimerians
  • Like 2

Based on these screen shots, I'm not sure I'm liking the art style they chose for this one though.

Yeah, doesn't look like Wizardry to me. This series got JRPGed years ago. I have zero interest in this.

Nope not as bad as you think. Its classic Wizardry or at least the PS2 version was but with JRPG style graphics. (Because its from there of course)

If that kills it for you, its too bad though because they play pretty much like the old Wizardries

I cant speak for this game though, maybe it will be cheezed out, maybe not.

I dont know but I'm excited for it cause I liked the PS2 game. JRPG graphics and all.

Yeah, doesn't look like Wizardry to me. This series got JRPGed years ago. I have zero interest in this.

This.

If it's JRPG'ed/anime'd they can stick it.

No. Its old school.

Except for the graphics.

Again, this game isnt out and there's no demo so I cant say for sure but the last (PS2) game was totally old school.

Edited by cimerians

I just watched a gameplay video on youtube. It was a camcorder video, but it got it's point across.

It's classic Wizardry all the way. It really seems to be taking the series back to it's early Apple II roots.

The art looks great. I think I might have seen art by this artist before. He's channelling some serious Elmore/Parkinson/Caldwell and making it his own.

The art looks great. I think I might have seen art by this artist before. He's channelling some serious Elmore/Parkinson/Caldwell and making it his own.

I'm guessing it's mostly static art isn't it?

They should let you choose.

A.) Pink haired pony tailed anime art.

B.) Dark gritty western art.

C.) Cutesy big head art.

D.) Marvel Comic art.

How hard could it be?

• 2 weeks later...

No pre-order info on Amazon.

Anyone seen around when this game is supposed to hit North America?

I been looking at Amazon for a listing too, nothing yet.

I also checked some websites like Gamespot etc. and all I see is "Q2 2011"

Does Q2 mean spring or summer?

Edited by cimerians

Its a PSN download I think:

http://www.xseedgames.com/news.php?id=123

Its a pretty lengthy article but it says spring 2011 as a download.

I like physical copies of games for the most part but I dont mind. I hope its well worth it and I'm sure it will be.

ACQUIRE is doing it. They created Tenchu, one of my favorite games of all time. :P

Edited by cimerians

The game's classically been full of ninja, daimyo, and samurai, and one of the co-creators is a huge anime nerd, lives/d in Japan, yada yada.... don't hold your breath for a totally Western-themed release.

No it sounds like the series kind of died off here in the US but is still a viable franchise in Japan.

Explains the art style. They are going to cater to the folks who have supported the series all these years.

My guess is it won't be very Western-themed at all. That said, and in spite of the fact I don't really dig that style for this type of game, I'm still getting this when it hits the Sony store. Been an age since I've played a Wizardry game! :cool:

I'd like to see one of these as one of my characters.

Screw that sissy, pink hair, flat chested, doe eyed crap!!

Give me a chick that at least looks like she kicks ass. (Even if she is wearing next to nothing!!) :cool:

post-544-0-63623600-1302331558_thumb.jpg

post-544-0-90430400-1302331949_thumb.jpg