IGNORED

Updated Rarity List

NIAD

This is the lastest update to my Rarity List. For those that are only interested in the ColecoVision listings, there have only been a couple additions/corrections made to the "Homebrew Rom Release" section.

The main purpose for this update is the addition of an ADAM Software section... small as it is :roll: . This section will only list out the commercial products that were released and not include any of the 3rd party/homebrew products that were developed after the ADAM was orphaned. I have also included a section which lists out Coleco prototypes/demos that were given to numerous ADAM Users Groups by Coleco employees and a lengthy unreleased list of titles... a couple of which may actually existm but I have never seen.

ADAM & ColecoVision Cartridge Rarity Rel.-7 (2011) (NIAD).zip

• Like 1

Looked through this finally and it is pretty cool NAID.

3 things though

You don't have Yurkie's new controller the Smurf Rescue controllers in the list. Also Yurkie sold a few overlays for the Quest for Quintana Roo of which I am a proud owner of one of those.

Also Collectorvision did make a limited release of CIB Mario Bros Rev A carts of which I believe duncantoml owns.

I used to be a member of the Adam User Group UK, based in London way back during the early 90s.

As a joining the user group freebie I got Market Monitor, which was, if my memory serves me right, a database tape.

In 2003 I sold my Adam and also my UK newsletters, which I regret now, of course.

Edited by high voltage

I used to be a member of the Adam User Group UK, based in London way back during the early 90s.

As a joining the user group freebie I got Market Monitor, which was, if my memory serves me right, a database tape.

In 2003 I sold my Adam and also my UK newsletters, which I regret now, of course.

Good to know.

I really wish we could get in touch with Doubledown again, I bet he doesn't know he has the only known copy of Simple Calc. :)

Tempest

It's great there's now an ADAM rarity list. There's a few things that I noticed weren't included but do exist.

Disks:

ADAM Home Software Library. Picture in post #24 of this thread.

Address Book Filer, ExperType, Smart Letters & Forms (2 disks)

Coleco of Canada (DDP):

Smart Letters & Forms - The US packaging is a plastic clamshell case. The Canada

version is in a cardboard box with a front cover that opens

like a book. French/English language instructions.

Recipe Filer - I've got the French/English language instutions.

post-13580-0-39213900-1301001465_thumb.jpgpost-13580-0-48616300-1301001544_thumb.jpg

post-13580-0-02977900-1301001623_thumb.jpg

Great updates, thankyou.

Perhaps something that can be added at some point is those Telegames releases on DDP format. Sorry, cant provide a full update on these as the only one I own is Skiing. Justification perhaps for adding these is that you have the CV Telegames cart versions listed. Some were released on tape as well.

Looked through this finally and it is pretty cool NAID.

3 things though

You don't have Yurkie's new controller the Smurf Rescue controllers in the list. Also Yurkie sold a few overlays for the Quest for Quintana Roo of which I am a proud owner of one of those.

Also Collectorvision did make a limited release of CIB Mario Bros Rev A carts of which I believe duncantoml owns.

As far as Yurkie's controllers (Mario Bros. & Smurf) and controllers as a whole, I haven't had a chance to add these in yet but will in a future update. Pretty much want this to be a be-all-end-all list of all things CV & ADAM. I have everything, I think, listed out already from my work on the "Museum" that I've been helping Retroillucid with... just not enough hours in the day.

I will make the addition re. Mario Bros. Rev. A as well as the overlays.

Thanks for the info and keep'em coming!

So was Best of B.C. actually released? I thought it was only available as a bootleg.

Also what's this Market Monitor thing. That's a new one on me (stupid Canadian ADAM releases... ;))

Tempest

Sydney Development Co. did complete "The Best of B.C." as well as an ADAM specific version of "B.C. II: Grog's Revenge" that included a title screen animation and some other small additions.

They were not sold in stores that I know of, but were available via mail-order. I recall constantly seeing an add by a company in California that was repeatedly run Family Computing and maybe even later in Computer Shopper for these Data Packs... don't recall if you could buy them direct from Sydney.

I also don't recall if they were ever offered on 5 1/4" Disk and me thinks not since ever version I have come across states "TAPE LOADING", even the disk copies I have come across which probably were patched to run from disk.

Remember them well, United Kingdom ADAM Subscribers (UKAS), and founded by Keith Marner. One of the nicest persons I ever had the pleasure of talking to and then meeting at ADAMcon 01 in Orlando, FL.

A lot of people have the same regrets about selling their collections, including myself! :x

Good to know.

I really wish we could get in touch with Doubledown again, I bet he doesn't know he has the only known copy of Simple Calc. :)

Tempest

Thankfully a copy was made and is available, but it's not the same as owning the real deal. There was a thread started last summer about SimpleCalc:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/166669-adam-simplecalc/

Wish finding DoubleDown was as easy!

It's great there's now an ADAM rarity list. There's a few things that I noticed weren't included but do exist.

Disks:

ADAM Home Software Library. Picture in post #24 of this thread.

Address Book Filer, ExperType, Smart Letters & Forms (2 disks)

Coleco of Canada (DDP):

Smart Letters & Forms - The US packaging is a plastic clamshell case. The Canada

version is in a cardboard box with a front cover that opens

like a book. French/English language instructions.

Recipe Filer - I've got the French/English language instutions.

post-13580-0-39213900-1301001465_thumb.jpgpost-13580-0-48616300-1301001544_thumb.jpg

post-13580-0-02977900-1301001623_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the great updates and also jarring my memory about the 2-disk version of SmartLetters & Forms, as I did have that one.

A big "MUCHAS GRACIAS" for posting the link to verify that a disk version of "AHSL" did exist!! :D

Will make the additions and if you, or anyone else, has any feelings on the rarity ratings I came up with, I'd love to hear them.

Great updates, thankyou.

Perhaps something that can be added at some point is those Telegames releases on DDP format. Sorry, cant provide a full update on these as the only one I own is Skiing. Justification perhaps for adding these is that you have the CV Telegames cart versions listed. Some were released on tape as well.

A couple of years ago the DDP version of Telegames Kung Fu Superkicks cib was for sale on Atari2600 dot com. I'm kicking myself for not getting it.

Great updates, thankyou.

Good point re. adding the TeleGames releases on DDP/Disk. We (NIAD) carried all these ADAM specific versions and all I have to do is look at a newsletter product list to verify which ones. Of the top of my head:

Boulder Dash, Rock'n Bolt, Alcazar, Skiing, all Interphase, all Imagic and most of Activision.

Maybe you add those...

Thank for the info. concerning the Canadian releases of E.F.M. The Flash Facts series for E.F.M. (Vocabulator, Trivia and Flashbacks) was only released in a cardboard box in the US & Canada.

SmartSPELLER by Strategic Software falls into the 3rd Party/Homebrew classification and I'm not gonna add those to the list... at least not now. If you ever decide to give the program a try, let me advise you to STOP!! Probably took close to an hour to check a document. Strategic eventually pulled this from distribution and later came out with an improved version called ProofReader that still made watching paint dry a lot more bearable.

So was Best of B.C. actually released? I thought it was only available as a bootleg.

Also what's this Market Monitor thing. That's a new one on me (stupid Canadian ADAM releases... ;))

Tempest

Found the ad for "The Best of B.C." on Joe B.'s website (Expandable Computer News Issue #7 - March/April 1985). Gotta really give Joe some props for the tremendous job he did in laying out all the issues in HTML format in order to preserve them for all to enjoy and refernce... especially for those like myself that were so stupid to sell off our collections.

The California outfit that distributed the game was Video Take-Out and this ad can be found in Family Computing as well if memory serves me right.

post-25956-0-14245900-1301031080_thumb.gif

I've got the DDP of B.C. II, it came in a little cardboard box just big enough for the DDP itself (generic ADAM style). I got it new off ebay a few years back, but since I'm not really familiar with the Colecovision version I couldn't tell you what's different about it (I remember a highscore list though). I can take a picture of the BC II DDP sometime if there's not already one out there.

Maybe Best of B.C. was sold the same way then? Wouldn't surprise me.

Tempest

I've got the DDP of B.C. II, it came in a little cardboard box just big enough for the DDP itself (generic ADAM style). I got it new off ebay a few years back, but since I'm not really familiar with the Colecovision version I couldn't tell you what's different about it (I remember a highscore list though). I can take a picture of the BC II DDP sometime if there's not already one out there.

Maybe Best of B.C. was sold the same way then? Wouldn't surprise me.

Tempest

Would love to see it, the picture below (with some other rare ADAM items) includes the only picture of the BC II datapack case that I have... think this picture was taken DoubleDown, but not completely sure.

If I make it to MGC tomorrow, I'll bring something for you... nothing earth shattering :roll: .

post-25956-0-01438900-1301058102_thumb.jpg

This is the lastest update to my Rarity List. For those that are only interested in the ColecoVision listings, there have only been a couple additions/corrections made to the "Homebrew Rom Release" section.

The main purpose for this update is the addition of an ADAM Software section... small as it is :roll: . This section will only list out the commercial products that were released and not include any of the 3rd party/homebrew products that were developed after the ADAM was orphaned. I have also included a section which lists out Coleco prototypes/demos that were given to numerous ADAM Users Groups by Coleco employees and a lengthy unreleased list of titles... a couple of which may actually existm but I have never seen.

You must have put a lot of time in that extensive list. Thanks for all the hard work and your contribution to the ColecoVision community. One correction, I made the overlays for CollectorVision's release of Lord of the Dungeon.

Big +1

• 9 years later...
3 hours ago, GeorgeDiPietro said:

I have a real version of Best of B.C. Digital Data Pack with the manual.  What is this worth?  

670F54BF-978E-4D35-A92A-F50569C199C7.jpeg

Well, the rarity of this item is off the charts! With that said, I doubt anyone would be willing to pay a King’s Ransom for this item compared to the Arcade Cabinet style boxed DK and DK Jr. Super Games. An auction format sale would be best to set the value and you will get a hefty sum for it... no worries there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1