IGNORED

Updated Rarity List

NIAD

14 minutes ago, GeorgeDiPietro said:

I also have those, and im struggling to find info on those as well!!  Lol.

C5FFCD1F-022E-4322-B844-47FA30C67FBD.jpeg

Depends on if they're sealed or opened, and if opened... tested/working or not tested.  Zaxxon $75-$200, Donkey Kong & Donkey Kong Junior $150-$300...assuming all complete, and depending on condition.  Again, ebay will get you the highest selling price.

• Thanks 1

Awesome thanks so much!  People have been telling me similar numbers.  They are open and tested working!  Complete.  Amazing condition.  So upwards of $800.  I have set an asking price of around $1000 so I wasn’t far off.  Even if they are floating around for $200/$300/$300 for an extra $200, a serious buyer/collector may want to pay the extra $200 to get the whole set all at once.  Thanks so much for your incredibly valuable insight.

Well if they're not sealed, the numbers would be significantly lower than 200/300/300.  I just sold a Zaxxon that was: opened arcade box in good/very good shape, manual was near mint w/ standard factory crease, and the DDP was still factory shrink-wrapped, and it sold on ebay for $76.00.  

12 hours ago, doubledown said:

Well if they're not sealed, the numbers would be significantly lower than 200/300/300.  I just sold a Zaxxon that was: opened arcade box in good/very good shape, manual was near mint w/ standard factory crease, and the DDP was still factory shrink-wrapped, and it sold on ebay for $76.00.  

It is hard to believe I just ripped these boxes apart when I bought them back in the 80's

But if I may, I have never in my history have seen an original "Shrink Wrapped" Coleco anything so I would be suspect.
I have 3 boxes, 2 sealed and 1 not of Coleco cartridges, no shrink wrap.

Even when I bought games at Sears, Specs Music or Zayres, Jeffersons they were never shrink wrapped same as all other systems.
These 3 boxes sat on a shelf behind the counter and these particular games I picked up from Lionel Playworld where I also bought an Atari 5200 4 port, which was awesome and I don't care who hated it.

My memory is so good I can tell you where I bought my first Coleco game right down to the Super Action Controllers at K-Bee toys.

Most ColecoVision cartridge game boxes weren't shrink-wrapped, at least not Coleco published games, but others like AtariSoft and Activision were.  ADAM DDP cassette cases came shrink-wrapped/sealed, and I'm about 95% sure that the "arcade box" ADAM releases (Zaxxxon, DK, and DK Jr.), also had the outer packaging shrink-wrapped.   

6 hours ago, doubledown said:

Most ColecoVision cartridge game boxes weren't shrink-wrapped, at least not Coleco published games, but others like AtariSoft and Activision were.  ADAM DDP cassette cases came shrink-wrapped/sealed, and I'm about 95% sure that the "arcade box" ADAM releases (Zaxxxon, DK, and DK Jr.), also had the outer packaging shrink-wrapped.   

The Arcade Cabinet style boxes were not shrink-wrapped... 100% positive.

If you saw one shrink-wrapped, it was done by someone other than Coleco.

23 minutes ago, NIAD said:

The Arcade Cabinet style boxes were not shrink-wrapped... 100% positive.

If you saw one shrink-wrapped, it was done by someone other than Coleco.

You may be right...I think I only ever saw one Zaxxon arcade box shrinkwrapped...and the shrinkwrap was in pretty bad shape.  But the DDP cassette cases were shrinkwrapped, like all cassette tapes and CDs that were once sold in stores...in a time long forgotten.  

8 hours ago, doubledown said:

You may be right...I think I only ever saw one Zaxxon arcade box shrinkwrapped...and the shrinkwrap was in pretty bad shape.  But the DDP cassette cases were shrinkwrapped, like all cassette tapes and CDs that were once sold in stores...in a time long forgotten.  

Yes, Coleco shrinkwrapped all data pack cases for individual software titles and blank DDPs. I do not recall if the 3 data packs included in the ADAM Computer package were shrinkwrapped... but something tells me they were.

7 hours ago, NIAD said:

Yes, Coleco shrinkwrapped all data pack cases for individual software titles and blank DDPs. I do not recall if the 3 data packs included in the ADAM Computer package were shrinkwrapped... but something tells me they were.

I know Buck Rogers was, so I would assume the others were too.

9 hours ago, NIAD said:

They all were shrinkwrapped

When I said shrink wrapped I meant an entire piece of software such as a game cartridge or these boxes.

I will correct myself and admit I was wrong because I have several unopened clam shell packages with the official Coleco seal on the outside of the SW as well as the original professional series such as LOGO, ADAMCALC and CPM 2.2 were sealed entirely.

Of course the cassettes themselves were shrink wrapped, I have two never used ADAM's where the DDP'S never even left the styrofoam and are SW.

None of the Atari published games I have are shrink wrapped which come from unoppened and opened boxes of 6 each.

I should have been more specific and I apologize for the inaccuracies.

Edited by Itchy Scratchy

On 12/6/2020 at 10:25 PM, NIAD said:

After the ADAM was announced and/or available for purchase and stock ran out of the original "For ColecoVision" cartridge label, I can only assume that the "For CV & ADAM" was used for all CV pack-ins and for the boxed CIB.

Apparently it did come in a boxs-l1600.thumb.jpg.3116cd62f7228ef0106096b1ca7c1093.jpg

This is on ebay today and already up to $62 which I don't want it that bad.

No doubt some of you already bid on it.

19 minutes ago, Itchy Scratchy said:

Apparently it did come in a box

This is on ebay today and already up to $62 which I don't want it that bad.

No doubt some of you already bid on it.

Well known fact that Coleco released DK in it's own retail box. CBS Electronics also released it in it's own retail box in multiple box variations and not only because they released a ColecoVision package with Mouse Trap as the pack-in-game.

Sealed can fetch a crazy amount and Like New could approach $200.

I know this is not the auction thread but have at it.

This is not my auction

https://www.ebay.com/itm/COLECO-VISION-DONKEY-KONG-BY-NINTENDO/274607476429?hash=item3fefe18ecd:g:un0AAOSwPMpf0T4m

Too rich for my blood this time of year.

My kids are older so they do not accept anything less than expensive electronics for Christmas

Edited by Itchy Scratchy

7 hours ago, Itchy Scratchy said:

NIAD should know.

Was there a FACTORY released DISK version of this.... 2010: The Text Adventure Game. I know there are fan based labels and disk sleeves.

How about CPM?

No, only a Data Pack version of 2010: The Text Adventure Game.

CP/M 2.2 & Assembler WAS released as a CIB on Data Pack (#7832) and on Disk (#9663). Not to many disk versions are out there in the wild.

This is the last update of my Coleco ADAM Collectors List (in WordPad RTF format) and it's pretty complete besides 3rd Party/Homebrew stuff. It's from 2014 and I plan to go through it to starting adding more 3rd Party/Homebrew items.

Coleco ADAM Computer Collector Rarity List v2.10 (2014) (NIAD).rtf