IGNORED

Help with Pfread

Master_Programmer

Okay, every time i use pfread, and the little formula to convert player x to field x, my player floats a few pixels above the ground.

what am i doing wrong?

Two things...

1) you initialize player0x=10, and then set pfx=player0x-16. This results in pfx being a negative number, which causes the pfread to read memory from the wrong coordinates.

2) the pfy adjustments you're doing before and after the pfread aren't necessary.

...removing the pfread adjustments and setting player0x greater than 15 causes your guy to fall down until he hits the playfield.

O.o

How do the "temp" variables work??

Check out the third paragraph here:

http://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-commands.html#variables

I was just playing with the code I added to your program and I have the little guy jumping around on platforms. I'll post what I did later today.

O.o

How do the "temp" variables work??

Check out the third paragraph here:

http://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-commands.html#variables

I was just playing with the code I added to your program and I have the little guy jumping around on platforms. I'll post what I did later today.

Nice!!

thanks!

I have one last request, and this isn't aimed at you unless you can, but i need someone who can do 1 channel music. i need someone who's good at making music that isn't "Mary had a little lamb" of other crap like that... >.>

Edited by Master_Programmer

Okay, so far.

#1, i need help with music....i have NO musical talent whatsoever. all i'm asking for, is 1 channel music, that isn't crap like "Mary had a little lamb".

#2, I need to find out how to use more than 2 player objects without losing pfread.

Edited by Master_Programmer

yeah, but i'm a bit of a newbie, and have no clue how that works.

Once you spend a little time checking out the bB forum and the bB page, it will get easier.

Here's the fake gravity platform test program I made today based on the collision code I did yesterday:

mp_fake_gravity_by_random_terrain_2011y_03m_25d_1140t.bin

If you are kind of a newbie, I'm not sure I should show you the code yet. My confusing, bloated code might make your brain explode.

I messed around with batari's platformer code that uses complicated math, but I've been meaning to write my own platformer style code. Never got around to it until now. That collision detection code I did yesterday got me in the mood to try my own platformer type of code. It's not perfect and it could use some tweaking, but it's pretty good for not using complicated math. When I get done with the seaweed game I'm working on now, I'll rip my code out of your program and use it in my own platform game.