IGNORED

Hey Guys!

• 3 weeks later...

Wow and I was just about to post something about getting together...

This weekend is probably too soon for most (although I'm up for something if anyone wants to). Next weekend is Easter so that's out. So that our choices are:

April 30th

May 7th

May 14th

May 21st

May 28th

Suggestions? Location?

Matt

Not knowing where anyone is really located, how far is anyone willing to drive? I'm in Marshall (I96/I94 intersect at Marshall) and I'd be willing to coordinate some sort of meeting place if people are willing to come? To give you some idea, a drive to Ann Arbor is about 45 to 50 minutes from me, and Jackson is about 25 to 30 minutes. My front door to Detroit Metro is 1.5 hours.

Also, I have quite a bit of retro gear, and most of it I'd like to have find a new good home. So maybe some motivation to the drive would be to get some gear... ;-)

I can offer a messy basement for a gathering on Saturday April 30th from 1pm till midnight (if anyone lasts that long.) I can provide some tables, chairs, electricity, bathroom, Internet access, and an initial round of carbonated beverages. I'll have gear to trade and/or give to a good home and at least 1 working coin-op in the garage to play. Please RSVP with me via PM so I know what to expect and to get my address.

Edit:

This gathering is mostly going to be focused on "classic computers" (fixing, using, programming, hacking, mods, demos, etc.) more than gaming, however gaming is fine too, but I'd like to keep it to classic gear, i.e. no PC's, modern consoles, etc. Basically anything pre 1990 or so. As for computers, anything *not* a PC or MAC (unless it is old pre 1990 gear.)

Edited by matthew180

Talk to Dalum a little about this and his thoughts were having folks come our way this time but the problem is having a place for everyone one to gather.

I was thinking at Chris Leach's place but i have not talk to him about it yet as my place is just too small for a gathering.

Dalum's could be a good spot too if his wife is ok with it or even our friend Marc who has been to meetings in the past but again its a matter of would he be willing to host.

I will be seeing everyone this weekend so i hope to speak to everyone about it but what is everyone's thoughts on this?

Can't get everyone together yet on a meeting date at the moment guys sorry. Dalum was thinking getting everyone to come our way this time out but we are having problems with hosting.

My place is way too small with dogs and Chris said he would not mind hosting at a later date because of how much clutter he has going on at his house.

Am going to talk to Dalum or our friend Marc about there places as a place to go.

I for one enjoy a nice get together, but as Jboy mentioned, my place is just cluttered right now....we are having some yard sales and looking to get rid of a bunch of stuff that is in the basement...so we should be able to have a get together sometime at our place, but not til later this summer?

(No Keg this time)

:D

I for one enjoy a nice get together, but as Jboy mentioned, my place is just cluttered right now....we are having some yard sales and looking to get rid of a bunch of stuff that is in the basement...so we should be able to have a get together sometime at our place, but not til later this summer?

(No Keg this time)

:D

Good ideal about the Keg Chris i don't want to tell the story of what happen at your birthday party this year lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Tempest, did you still have that Arcadia multicart? I'm itching to play some more games on that system, and those things are nigh-impossible to get nowadays. Perhaps we shall have to throw down on the console at the next meet.

Yep I still have it.

Hey Tempest, did you still have that Arcadia multicart? I'm itching to play some more games on that system, and those things are nigh-impossible to get nowadays. Perhaps we shall have to throw down on the console at the next meet.

Yep I still have it.

Oh sweet! I apparently have to try out Doraemon, according to Ward Shrake.

Yep I still have it.

Oh sweet! I apparently have to try out Doraemon, according to Ward Shrake.

It's basically a hack of Route 16 with some minor differences and a new power up (it's a bit easier and you get the ability to to fly at certain times I believe). We can compare the two.

Tempest