atari2600land

Ants revisited

It's nearing my five-year anniversary on being a member of AtariAge (has it really been that long?!), and so I was looking through my old files when I came across Ants, the game that would later become Alien Greed. I decided I could make a way better version since I've learned so much since then, so I am making a better version, which can be found here. Any suggestions/ideas/comments are welcome.

ants2011march29.zip

Neat! As for suggestions why not give the player more time and let the ants move across the screen to liven up the gameplay a bit?

I think Jess Ragan might sue you for making Solar Plexus under a different name. :D

But that's OK because I and probably a lot of other kids with a computer in the early 1980s made our own versions of Solar Plexus, so we could sue him. :D

There are some differences, though:

#1 - In my game. there is nothing to dodge (that sun is way too annoying, imo)

#2 - As you progress through my game, there are walls which you can't pass.

#3 - In my game you can move diagonally.

Hi all. I've made another 2k version of ants, only this time it's Easter eggs you're wanting instead of ants. They bounce all around so in my humble opinion, the less walls you have, the more unpredictable the eggs become. They don't follow a certain logic, so when it bounces off a wall, it can go in any direction.

easteregg.bas.bin

easteregg.bas

On 2/9/2012 at 12:57 AM, atari2600land said:

Hi all. I've made another 2k version of ants, only this time it's Easter eggs you're wanting instead of ants. They bounce all around so in my humble opinion, the less walls you have, the more unpredictable the eggs become. They don't follow a certain logic, so when it bounces off a wall, it can go in any direction.

easteregg.bas.bin 2 kB · 87 downloads

easteregg.bas 2.46 kB · 71 downloads

I'm going to give this post a 9-year bump.

Easter is coming up. Chris, you need to put this on a cart so I can put it in a Easter Basket this year...lol