IGNORED

IDE Plus 2.0 - preorder starts today

drac030

Hi

The device is being discussed here: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/179271-ide-plus-20-new-ide-host-adapter/

The designer (simius) has asked me to open a preorder thread. The price is 68 USD + 10 USD shipping. The payment should be done in advance via Paypal. Just please remember that it is not me who is accepting payments, so please contact simius for details.

Making an order, please provide information if you want connect the device to XL using a ribbon cable. These devices will be equipped with a right-angle connector and a cable.

Hi

The device is being discussed here: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/179271-ide-plus-20-new-ide-host-adapter/

The designer (simius) has asked me to open a preorder thread. The price is 68 USD + 10 USD shipping. The payment should be done in advance via Paypal. Just please remember that it is not me who is accepting payments, so please contact simius for details.

Making an order, please provide information if you want connect the device to XL using a ribbon cable. These devices will be equipped with a right-angle connector and a cable.

Sorry - not sure I completely follow. Do you want us to register here for pre-order or do we need to be ordering from simius directly and paying now?

Hi

The device is being discussed here: http://www.atariage....e-host-adapter/

Sorry - not sure I completely follow. Do you want us to register here for pre-order or do we need to be ordering from simius directly and paying now?

Sorry for being not completely clear. For now just register, the payment etc. will be due when the preorder gets closed. Just if you want to know the details in advance, or pay already, please contact simius via PM.

Was going to get a XL version but finding that the SDX doesn't work on it I'll have to think hard about if I want a XE version.

Yeah I would like to order 2 but I'm waiting for simius to expand on that statement about no SDX on XLs. I posted a question in the other thread but I guess he hasn't seen it yet. XLs are my machines of choice.

I already have two of the IDEa from Pigula, so I don't need another... This is a nice compact device but I want to use it on my XL, so yeah... Until I know for sure on the SDX I'm not commiting myself to anything.

I may have to just wait for the Ultimate 1MB and use that with my existing IDEa's

I'll take 2 , one for XL with ribbon cable, one for XE

I just thought I'd point out that no matter which XL connection is chosen, card-edge or ribbon-cable, this device will still be able to attach to an XE ECI port. The difference is the ribbon-cable version won't have the card-edge connector to serve as a support leg for the ECI connection, an alternative support method would be necessary.

Was going to get a XL version but finding that the SDX doesn't work on it I'll have to think hard about if I want a XE version.

Yeah I would like to order 2 but I'm waiting for simius to expand on that statement about no SDX on XLs. I posted a question in the other thread but I guess he hasn't seen it yet. XLs are my machines of choice.

Most likely for the same reason the cartridge slot only works with the XE, I think it's because S4'/RD4/S5'/RD5/CCTL' are not present on the PBI.

Do those of us who require an XL ribbon cable also get an IDC50 card edge connector crimped to the computer end of the supplied cable? That could just about swing it for me... :)

Great idea...

Inquiring minds want to know!

XL and XE versions are the same, just some people want "ribbon cable" version. As for SDX, it probably can be done, but for the reasons BillC explained above, there will be a problem on XL with using IDE Plus internal SDX when a cartridge is inserted into the regular XL cartridge port.

BTW. Just to this day I have never considered XE's CART/ECI solution superior to PBI. I am changing my mind now.