IGNORED

IDE Plus 2.0 - preorder starts today

drac030

I'd like to know if the XL version will come with everything we need to get it connected and running - apart from the power supply? as I would like to stick with an order for one of each but otherwise I might have to just go with the XE version which will cause no end of trouble between me and my 800XL and probably break up a 25 year old relationship. :D

When is ordering expected to close? Is it a date or a number of orders reached? I'd like to know so I can have enough money available. I am looking to get 1 for the XE and 1 with cable with PBI connector for the XL when the questions in the other thread are addressed. It is interesting to hear about the SDX problem when hooked up on the PBI. Thanks BillC & Drac030 for the info.

Edited by Defender II

Do those of us who require an XL ribbon cable also get an IDC50 card edge connector crimped to the computer end of the supplied cable? That could just about swing it for me... :)

Of course. It will ready to use.

OK: that's me sold. 1 for me, with XL ribbon connection.

Edited by flashjazzcat

When is ordering expected to close? Is it a date or a number of orders reached?

A number of orders is already enough. Date was planned for mid-April, but because of need to redesign PCB and to order new prototype series, to activate SDX on XL's, the date should be moved to the end of April. We must be absolutely sure, that all will be work properly. Is this acceptable?

Edited by Simius

When is ordering expected to close? Is it a date or a number of orders reached?

A number of orders is already enough. Date was planned for mid-April, but because of need to redesign PCB and to order new prototype series, to activate SDX on XL's, the date should be moved to the end of April. We must be absolutely sure, that all will be work properly. Is this acceptable?

Sounds fine. Lets me get another pay day in before I need to hand over the cash :D

I think it's a good idea, because the SDX not possibly working on my XLs ended up convincing me not to bother. And I'd consider using it on an XE, but I don't have one. The only one I might get easily would be my little brother's 65XE, which being an American 65XE, has no ECI. So that doesn't work either :D

--Kurt