IGNORED

IDE Plus 2.0 - preorder starts today

drac030

I might be interested (I have APE, a 130XE, 800XL and a few 2.5 drives), can someone please (very simply :!: ) explain:

1. What this would do for me - replace my 1050?

2. What file types does it run?

3. Would it allow BASIC/Turbo BASIC saving?

4. How you would transfer files to this?

5. Could I use 1 unit and buy the cables for the XE and the XL, and swap it between machines with no issues?

I might be interested (I have APE, a 130XE, 800XL and a few 2.5 drives), can someone please (very simply icon_exclaim.gif ) explain:

5. Could I use 1 unit and buy the cables for the XE and the XL, and swap it between machines with no issues?

Jason,

those are interesting questions that SIO2SD/SIO2PC/SDrive only users would like to be answered.

This is a storage device, like any other disk.

It can hold any file types. For now it "runs" files which can be run off a regular Atari disk. I.e. it does not run ATR disk images, but the production version will do.

Yes.

The same way as to any other disk-type device.

Yes.

Please can you clarify this, does it also plug into the PC as an external USB drive or do you use APE/SIO2PC

It does not plug into a PC at all. You plug it into an Atari, and copy files from whatever other source is also connected to an Atari, i.e. a floppy drive, an APE etc.

Note that a part of "what it can do" depends on the firmware, which is not yet complete, so I cannot sometimes simply state what it does or what it doesn't (as some features are only planned today, not yet implemented).

• 2 weeks later...

Tests of the new PCB came out positive. Sparta has been running also on the PBI. At this site you can check the status of orders. You can already make the payment. The necessary information will be sent shortly by email. Who will decide to the end of the month, will be further considered. Please report any errors. I'll improve.

Tests of the new PCB came out positive. Sparta has been running also on the PBI. At this site you can check the status of orders. You can already make the payment. The necessary information will be sent shortly by email. Who will decide to the end of the month, will be further considered. Please report any errors. I'll improve.

Is the price still 68 USD + 10 USD shipping?

Paypal address?

Thank you.

The price is higher by 10% (75USD) because of additional cost of redesign and prototype PCB. Shipping cost is still 10 USD for 1 interface (15USD for 2pcs.) XL ribbon cable price is 6USD. Payment by PayPal.

Edited by Simius

Would it be possible to post a picture or two of the new setup (including the ribbon cable)?

Thanks,

Larry

The price is higher by 10% (75USD) because of additional cost of redesign and prototype PCB. Shipping cost is still 10 USD for 1 interface (15USD for 2pcs.) XL ribbon cable price is 6USD. Payment by PayPal.

Would it be possible to post a picture or two of the new setup (including the ribbon cable)?

Thanks,

Larry

PCB Rev.A:

idereva.jpg

PCB Rev.A with 4" XL ribbon cable:

iderevacable.jpg

PCB Rev.B. Gold plated, a few components more, SDX active on XL series:

iderevb.jpg

Final version is a Revision C. Additional, independent header for ribbon cable. Still in production - no picture.

• 3 weeks later...

Can't you put something else in the picture for scale?

Thanks,

Larry

PCB Rev.A:

idereva.jpg

PCB Rev.A with 4" XL ribbon cable:

iderevacable.jpg

PCB Rev.B. Gold plated, a few components more, SDX active on XL series:

iderevb.jpg

Final version is a Revision C. Additional, independent header for ribbon cable. Still in production - no picture.