IGNORED

IDE Plus 2.0 - preorder starts today

drac030

WARNING: Hard disk can be mounted on the IDE Plus 2.0 adapter using attached, plastic spacers ONLY. Top copper surface of the PCB around some mounting holes is connected to the +5V power supply and metal spacers, if damage the soldering mask, may cause of short circuit to the disk chassis.

Edited by Simius

Uh Oh... Metalguy may reinstate the Ass-Rig designation of this device...

paper, isolating electric since the 1800's :'D

Ken saw my 256K Newell upgrade isolated by 3x5 index card that I put in my 800xl back in the day. I know he wanted to scream "Ass-Rig" but didnt.

Uh Oh... Metalguy may reinstate the Ass-Rig ™ designation of this device...

Not sure if an important electrical safety adherence notification would now classify this board as "Ass-Rig", but I do appreciate the update as to the mounting holes electrical surroundings.

Thanks Simius for the update.

Firedawg

Indeed, and only a select handful of esteemed Atari peripheral manufacturers are Ass-Rig™ registered. To gain membership of this elite group is no small feat. However, I don't think the IDE Plus 2.0 qualifies...

yeah usually they are due to design, not because of a small oversight...

sloopy.

Just look for this sign:

:D

I believe that this standard measurement should be "Certified" rather than "Registered". Are we sure that there is not a compliancy to a standard to meet a particular certification, say "Ass-Rig", that must be adhered to rather than a simple registration requirement?

Firedawg

Just look for this sign:

:D

I believe that this standard measurement should be "Certified" rather than "Registered". Are we sure that there is not a compliancy to a standard to meet a particular certification, say "Ass-Rig", that must be adhered to rather than a simple registration requirement?

Firedawg

i am gonna have to go with the 'dawg on this one fjc, its a 'Certified' not 'Registered'...

sloopy.

i am gonna have to go with the 'dawg on this one fjc, its a 'Certified' not 'Registered'...

No problem! In the UK we have "CORGI Registered", etc, but since many Ass-Rig™ Certified manufacturers are in the US, I've changed it. :rolling:

Edited by flashjazzcat

No problem! In the UK we have "CORGI Registered", etc, but since many Ass-Rig™ Certified manufacturers are in the US, I've changed it. :rolling:

doesnt matter where its manufactured, the certifying authority for an Ass-Rig™, is in the USA, so USA colloquialisms would apply :'D

sloopy.