IGNORED

Wow, A gamecube worth buying LOL

stjames88

I never thought I would see a GC that I actually would buy......this thing is pretty cool though.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1505792800571?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=150579280057&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Oh yeah, these!

Limited run deals, and note that this one is only Region 2 - - Japan.

It could be modded, I suppose, to be region free or switched.

I always liked these - - very different. I will be interested to watch this and see what it goes for!

-a2a

Panasonic Q's are awesome. This one is really nice, and complete with all packaging these can be pretty rare.

As far as being the only Gamecube you would ever buy? I love those perky little Cubes--I currently have 2. I was a Sony guy all the way--I was in a Killzone Clan, played a lot of COD online, I was also a Sony Beta Tester--I still have my Gran Turismo 4 Online disc. Then, I bought a Gamecube off of a co-worker when he bought a Wii 'cause I figured it would be a good way for my kid to play some Mario on the cheap, and I really fell in love with the little bugger.

The Gamecube hardware is 2nd to none--its build quality easily surpasses the XBox and PS2--from an overall processor capability, it fits nicely between the PS2 and the XBox. Games look better on the GC than the PS2 because the GC supports anti-aliasing, and this is really evident with games like Prince of Persia Sands of Time which released alongside the XBox version a year after the PS2.

And those stupid controllers with the red and green buttons? Once you get used to them you start to wonder why all controllers don't have button layouts that are more ergonomically laid out.

And, they are really cheap these days. What's not to like?

Edited by donssword

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2905503596081?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290550359608&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Looked around here is the cheapest one i could find doesn't seem to include a controller/guarantee it still works but its only probably going to make it to around 100-200 bid and could be fixed probably under 100 if broken reader. So still should be cheaper also this one is probably the best buy from what ive seen

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3005396771441?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=300539677144&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Not sure about modern systems, but aside from region, Japanese systems will play in the US. I have a Famicom and Japanese SMS. Both work. The plug is a little small, but really there isn't much difference. Does this matter for modern systems?

I've had one of these. It's not region 2 only. You can hold down the power button to switch to region 1 and everything is in English. :)

That is a mod. Mine came from Lik Sang and was modded like this but by default they only play Japanese region games and DVDs. You can mod the Gamecube side just like a normal Gamecube. For the DVD region free can be unlocked using a Panasonic utility disc.