IGNORED

goodbye River Patrol

Zwackery

wonder if the seller was tipped off or if a side-deal went south...

More likely figured it out and checked it out after receiving side deal offers.

I am sure that it was a combo platter. Side deals, inquiries on the label condition and the shipping methods to be used and also just good Samaritans giving advice.

Here are some details from the re-listed auction.

After speaking with some very knowledgeable video game collectors and doing some research on my own, it appears that this is a very rare game. This game has been played and works. The appearance of the game itself, is excellent. The front graphic label has full color and no wear marks. The name label is very slightly starting to peel (not even a full centimeter). Please see all pictures and ask any questions you may have.

Since this is a rare game, I will take proper care of it during the shipping process. It will be packaged very securely in a box with bubble wrap for protection. I will send it priority mail with delivery confirmation and insure it for the bid price. Again, any questions, please email me!

I am personally glad it's still available since it is on my short list of wanted carts.

There are two River Patrol carts on eBay right now.

True but the other one is missing part of the end label

And it's in Spain. I always wanted one of these but, to be honest, I cant see spending that kind of money when the seller has only 16 eBay feedbacks. International scares me a bit as well, but that is just based on a couple of bad experiences I personally have had in the past. (not to mention the torn end label)

As for the re-listed copy in PA, the seller now has a reserve, and god knows what it is. I have no idea what this reserve could be, but I bet some good samaritan described River Patrol to the seller as "the holy grail of Atari" (which is somewhat true), so it probably is gonna be outlandish.

Bummer. I wish I could have seen this one just roll on naturally, but I can see it from the seller's perspective entirely. Having zero feedback will certainly keep me out of this one as well. Best of luck to you guys who are bidding. I hope someone here at AA gets it and at a fair price!

As for the re-listed copy in PA, the seller now has a reserve, and god knows what it is. I have no idea what this reserve could be, but I bet some good samaritan described River Patrol to the seller as "the holy grail of Atari" (which is somewhat true), so it probably is gonna be outlandish.

Considering the BIN is $800, the reserve is probably pretty high.

Lets see... Atariage Marketplace- check. Auction Central- check.

Whew!, just making sure it was o.k. to be discussing it here.

Wait!, oh no!, these auctions aren't over yet- nobody mention a thing...

:roll:

Go back in the other thread and read my point. Did either of these River Patrol sellers start this thread? No.

"MARKETPLACE- if you're a collector (and most of us are!), you can use these forums as a tool to buy, sell, and trade, as well as point out (and advertise your own) eBay auctions."

I never really understood what the issue was in the other thread as well. I personally would never "call out" someone I had never had dealings with before- especially for something like this. And then argue the point even when it was pointed out how strange it was to make the comment in the first place.

To each his own I guess.

Nothing like going to a website to start up conflict with people.

By the way, how is it going- my name is Chris ;)

Edited by Tubular Gearhead

In this thread the context is different. I don't think Zwackery would mind if you posted every single link to River Patrol that you can find. I think Zwackery would prefer that you do.

Anyway, I'm doing fine. My wife bought me a 1987 Math Gran Prix label variation I didn't have. That made my day. Nice to meet you Chris. I am Brent but people(okay one person) who know me call me Brentacules The Thunderous. :cool:

You're meant to wait until it sells for a song, then quickly announce it and let the vultures in before it gets posted!

You're meant to wait until it sells for a song, then quickly announce it and let the vultures in before it gets posted!

Nah, thats just the aussie way ;)

• 2 weeks later...

In this thread the context is different. I don't think Zwackery would mind if you posted every single link to River Patrol that you can find. I think Zwackery would prefer that you do.

Anyway, I'm doing fine. My wife bought me a 1987 Math Gran Prix label variation I didn't have. That made my day. Nice to meet you Chris. I am Brent but people(okay one person) who know me call me Brentacules The Thunderous. :cool:

I think it is far worse to post about an auction right after it ends rather than when it is still live, just because many times someone has gotten a legitimate deal only to have it reneged on through third-party interference. If a rare cart slips through an auction for a low price, good deal for the buyer, and tough for the seller (doing a little research is not difficult with the internet). Generally I tend not to post about live auctions, unless they are my own or they've had a lot of bidding activity. For the most part, very little escapes the attention of the buying public, but from time to time sweet deals do happen.