IGNORED

109 games in one year

Either loose or boxed, in lot deals or individually, most i paid for, but some were gifts. But in about 1 year 4 months i have acquired 109 out of the 125 official games. Not bad huh? Not bad for a guy who makes $9 an hour and doesn't work all that much. I even get laid off in the winter and last year i worked less because of a hurt back. And some months my bills are more than what i make. Not bad huh? Sure my priorities in life are ass backwards and upside down and inside out. I may be a little insane. It's true i still haven't grown up yet. And i never will.

Life is like a game of Mind Strike calculating your every move...err or maybe it's like a game of Turbo, going over 100 miles an hour with crappy controls avoiding the other cars in your way. Look the F**k out, here comes IntellivisionDude. :D

Congrat :)

If you have the money to buy game…why not. However if the hobby is getting out of control, then you should just slow down a little bit and take that money for personal stuff.

When I first started my atari 2600 collection, I probably got like 500 games in 2-3 years. However, if I had to restart my atari 2600 collection, I think I will slow down a little bit. WHY? Because after aroun 4-5 years, my collection was at 600 games and the price of the game that I needed was too expensive for my hobby budget (atlantic II, elis, music machine…etc). That's a little bit why I switched to colecovision and intellivision. Last time that I got an atari 2600 game is probably 2 years ago LOL

For my intellivision, the paste was slower. I was getting only the NIB game or CIB game (top notch box). So the hunt for intellivision was different and more fun.

Yes i am out of control, also got roughly about 100 2600, 25 7800, 23 Colecovision, lost track of the ammount of Nes, N64, Genesis, Snes, PS2, Gamecube games i bought.

So i'll guess and say i bought about 200-300 games for other systems which includes Intellivision doubles and games i have sold, plus the 109 Intellivision games. All within the same time line.

So ya i am out of control. Maybe just a wee bit. |:) :evil:

Maybe life is more like a game of Shark! Shark!, eat the smaller and weaker fish to make your way up the food chain, and knock off the occasional Sharks along the way. ;)

i have amassed about 3,500 games in 3 years for multiple systems. :ponder:

time to start selling.

That's a sickness Rev! :rolling:

and how many have you bought in the same time period? :P :P :P

Ummm. 7. My math might be a bit off. :P

time to start selling.

7000? wow!!!!!

time to start selling.

7000? wow!!!!!

:rolling: Not quite. But I have added some pretty cool stuff in the last year or so. I just wish I would post my collection. :x :lolblue:

time to start selling.

TLC's "Hoarders" will be showing up with cameras rolling to your residence soon...

actually my house is cluttered like those shows! :D

i have everything neatly on shelfs and all the spares in cabinets and in the attic. when you come in my house it looks normal.

send Hoarders to cmarts basement. :P :P

time to start selling.

7000? wow!!!!!

:rolling: Not quite. But I have added some pretty cool stuff in the last year or so. I just wish I would post my collection. :x :lolblue:

I get like 10.000 Games since last year, but I´m cheating, those are for selling :ponder: But I did get 115 of the official Intv Releases (plus one in the way) and 57 Sealed Intv Games, I also have (of course) like 70 Sealed Atari Titles, like 50 loose carts from different systems. But was only to don´t letting go a good deal, My main desire is to collect Intellivision. :lust:

I am curious about the average age of these collectors.

I am 43 and don't like speaking of my collection.

I have a lot of other interests and main hobbies are cars, real cars, sedans of the 70's and of the 80's, 13 at the moment.

I do not understand people proud of collecting games and of those who say "I have XXXXXX" or "I have YYYYYYY".

Ridicoulous, really ridicoulous. Shame to you all !!!

:twisted:

but ok, this the right place for that :D

I have approx. 1100 carts for 12 different systems and 12.000 games on disk for Commodore 64 and Spectrum.

Intellivision I only have 99 complete carts :sad: some are really hard to find in Europe and some are too expensive and my cars need spare parts

few bucks here, few bucks there...expensive hobby now.

Only ten years ago it was different and all our beloved games were practically for free at garage sales. Long live to our consoles and our - gone - youth!

Max

I have stopped to count what i have collected. (machine and games).

I have decided to slow down a lot. And my mean is to not go anymore on Ebay or read "market place" or all this kind of site.

I have so much thing that i could never have time to use them (or even try..) :(

Mainly because i spend all my free (and not a lot :() time to code.

I used to collect car (real car not toy , but i collect toy one too...) too in the past. but i stopped that and sold all my collector cars. And i'm very happy to be free of that kind of addiction now.

I hope in the future to find the courage and the time to sold big part of my collections. And keep only a reasonable amount of machines and games i can play/code with.

There may be some truth to that statement currently, my wife said something about spring cleaning....:ponder:

Intellivision I only have 99 complete carts :sad: some are really hard to find in Europe and some are too expensive !

Max

Max, I do know of a solution for your INTV game shortage. :ponder: You have something I want....;)

I have a lot of other interests and main hobbies are cars, real cars, sedans of the 70's and of the 80's, 13 at the moment.

I do not understand people proud of collecting games and of those who say "I have XXXXXX" or "I have YYYYYYY".

stfu, you cant say anything. all you do is go around to forums and try to sell your games at ridiculously high prices.

that is way worse than someone showing their collection. and yet you brag about your sedans. :roll:

i have everything neatly on shelfs and all the spares in cabinets and in the attic. when you come in my house it looks normal.

So you are a hoarder with OCD...double whammy on you!

OCD ?

That paper is for real? do you read the part of Redneck Personality Disorder and White Trash Syndrome? :rolling:

So you are a hoarder with OCD...double whammy on you!

OCD ?

That paper is for real? do you read the part of Redneck Personality Disorder and White Trash Syndrome? :rolling:

So Jeff Foxwhorty will have to change his act:

You may have Redneck Personality Disorder if you are looking for a wife in a Family reunion :lol:

There may be some truth to that statement currently, my wife said something about spring cleaning....:ponder:

Intellivision I only have 99 complete carts :sad: some are really hard to find in Europe and some are too expensive !

Max

Max, I do know of a solution for your INTV game shortage. :ponder: You have something I want....;)

I beg yr. pardon being very busy but during office time also have AA on my screen, to relax. So, again, let me have a proposal I cannot resist. I promise a reply. MAX

stfu, you cant say anything. all you do is go around to forums and try to sell your games at ridiculously high prices.

that is way worse than someone showing their collection. and yet you brag about your sedans. :roll:

yr. opinion is law. unfortunately I am selling well to local collectors. Here yr. law seem not yet arrived. :D