IGNORED

CrazyBrix - WIP

PacManPlus

I found a bug. I was playing the beginner level and got through about 12 screens when the paddle stopped working. I picked up the joystick inserted in the left controller port and I could move my guy left and right for half a minute or so. Then I was stuck again and tried the paddle which started working again. This happened a couple of times until I ran out of balls.

Allan

Hey Allan:

That might be an issue with a loose difficulty switch :( (you can change it during gameplay) I've been play-testing this non-stop (with paddles only) and that hasn't happened to me.

Just for giggles, can you try shoving a small piece of paper under the switch (to keep it steady) and see if it still happens?

Thanks,

Bob

P.S. , everyone who has asked to be on the list I have noted, but I'm not ready to take an actual count or pre-order yet. I have no boards left, and until I can scrounge up some I can't make any. :(

Thank you, everyone for the kind words and the support. At least this is helping me while I am looking for another job.

Best of luck on the job search Bob! In the meantime, I'd certainly liked to be added to the list for this one as well, CIB please. :)

By the way, I know someone else mentioned the new avatar, but wow that's cool! :thumbsup:

Edited by cmart604

Hey Allan:

That might be an issue with a loose difficulty switch :( (you can change it during gameplay) I've been play-testing this non-stop (with paddles only) and that hasn't happened to me.

Just for giggles, can you try shoving a small piece of paper under the switch (to keep it steady) and see if it still happens?

Thanks,

Bob

Although my switch is kind of tight, it's possible it's the switch. Does anybody know of a 7800 game that changes something on the screen instantly when you move the difficulty switch A?

Allan

Although my switch is kind of tight, it's possible it's the switch. Does anybody know of a 7800 game that changes something on the screen instantly when you move the difficulty switch A?

Allan

A couple of games have music that you can turn on and off via the difficult switch and MIA has invincibility (and part of the screen changes color) via the difficulty switch. Though off the top of my head I don't remember which difficulty switch is used for those games.

Mitch

Does anybody know of a 7800 game that changes something on the screen instantly when you move the difficulty switch A?

You don't have any 2600 games? The size of your base in Space Invaders, as well as your paddle in Breakout, is controlled by the switch. I'm sure there's others.

Does anybody know of a 7800 game that changes something on the screen instantly when you move the difficulty switch A?

You don't have any 2600 games? The size of your base in Space Invaders, as well as your paddle in Breakout, is controlled by the switch. I'm sure there's others.

I didn't think of that. :) Thanks. Yes, it looks like my switch went bad. I can't make the shooter in Space Invaders small.

Allan

I'm wondering if I should change the switch to check only at the beginning of the game. Would there be any reason for someone to want to change it mid-game?

Thanks,

Bob

I don't think it really matters. I don't think the difficulty switches breaking is a common thing. Plus someone might want to change it if they discover that their paddle or joystick isn't working right 'mid-game' and might want to switch them.

Allan

Ok Guys...

I now have enough boards to make 25 copies of this game. This is the list of people I have that want one:

1. jeffgamer
  2. streps
  3. gambler172
  4. UberArcade
  5. Cebus Capucinis
  6. DarthCloud
  7. atarinut76
  8. purduecrum
  9. rmaerz
  10. Mayhem
  11. GaryH917
  12. NML32
  13. Abominable Toaster
  14. Mitch
  15. swlovinist
  16. thursday83
  17. AtariNerd
  18. TrekMD
  19. JonnyBritish
  20. _Fandal_
  21. cmart604
  22. HatNJ
  23. KevinMos3
  24. Jinks
  25. atomickneedrop

If there is anyone on this list that changed their mind or anyone that wants to be added, please let me know. :)

Same as last time, $25 + $2 shipping in U.S., $4 shipping outside of U.S. PayPal is Robert.DeCrescenzo@yahoo.com

You know the drill - include your AA name (you have no idea how many people still didn't do that for the Moon Cresta Order) :)

Thanks,

Bob

• Like 1