IGNORED

Mashed Turtles

pseudografx

I would like to proudly introduce our newest game released under the title Mashed Turtles. The game is basically a Frogger clone (crossing the street with 8 lanes) with multiple players competing, therefore its best use is at Atari parties where up to 8 players can compete simultaneously through the MultiJoy 8 interface. However, it can also be played in 2-player mode on a stock Atari.

Credits:

Code by Fandal

Graphics, music and sfx by PG

The game was released as a part of the Czech diskmag Flop on April 4, 2011.

post-6830-0-45537000-1302097793_thumb.png post-6830-0-56093800-1302097800_thumb.png

post-6830-0-14614900-1302097814_thumb.png post-6830-0-99160800-1302097819_thumb.png

You can get the binary here: mashturt.xex.

Edited by pseudografx
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks.

:ponder:

Great looking, great presentation, very addictive, but just need to have another version:

For the Tezz and other English guys and invert the direction on the cars...

You know, English cars and just remember at London that always present: "Look to the right, Look to the Left" on the Ground.

This have to be a game for all Atarians, please don't put English outside...

That's a Trafic direction Minority in the World but we have to count with them!

:D

José Pereira

Edited by José Pereira

Drat! Someone please remind me where can I get (and how much is ) a multijoy :?:

The ABBUC RAF is offering it as MultiJoy8 for 40 EUR.

mj8_if.jpg

Tempting (early birthday present!)... If anyones reading this from abbuc - can someone from abbuc take a Paypal payment for this plus another year on my magazine subscription as it must be due soon:?:

Thanks,

Jason

Great graphics & excellent music! Funny disclaimer on Title screen :)

Seems to be a little too difficult for me though. I'm taking the "Mashed" part of the game title quite literally. What would be a good score at the normal setting?

Program runs very smoothly. What language was this program written in?

atx4us

Great graphics & excellent music! Funny disclaimer on Title screen :)

Seems to be a little too difficult for me though. I'm taking the "Mashed" part of the game title quite literally. What would be a good score at the normal setting?

Program runs very smoothly. What language was this program written in?

atx4us

Thanks for the kind words.

The easiest mode is when the turtles are set to "Fast" speed with point-based game mode.

In time-based mode it should not be a problem to reach about 5 points per minute.

The game is coded in assembler (MADS).

Drat! Someone please remind me where can I get (and how much is ) a multijoy :?:

The ABBUC RAF is offering it as MultiJoy8 for 40 EUR.

mj8_if.jpg

Tempting (early birthday present!)... If anyones reading this from abbuc - can someone from abbuc take a Paypal payment for this plus another year on my magazine subscription as it must be due soon:?:

Thanks,

Jason

I've taken the plunge and ordered a multijoy ( ~50 euros all in, including 2 joystick extension cables and postage)... they are made to order so if anyone else wants one email them on order@abbuc-raf.de :)

• 1 month later...