IGNORED

punch out

I recently picked up a punch out for free from craigslist. The top monitor seemed to have been working but stopped recently. I opened the back and changed a fuse, thinkin it was the problem but it wasnt. I saw smoke coming out near the circuit board and now the sound is gone (the music is still there but the sound of the voices are gone.)

does anyone know about this game?

• 2 weeks later...

I recently picked up a punch out for free from craigslist. The top monitor seemed to have been working but stopped recently. I opened the back and changed a fuse, thinkin it was the problem but it wasnt. I saw smoke coming out near the circuit board and now the sound is gone (the music is still there but the sound of the voices are gone.)

does anyone know about this game?

I had that machine for a while, so I know a little about it. iirc the audio comes from the sanyo monitors. One sound channel from the top mon, second from the bottom mon. So it makes sense that if something on the monitor fried, it would only affect the one sound channel. As to what exactly fried, no idea. And of course it goes without saying that you shouldn't mess around with the monitors unless you really know what you are doing. I know this probably isn't all that much help, but figured I would share as much as I could. Good luck!

I noticed you are from NY (Massapequa - I'm guessing NY). I have arcade machines and when I need a repair, I have a guy who is local and reasonable (in northern NJ). I can get you his information if you end up wanting to get the machine fixed. He just fixed a number of problems on my Tempest machine and only charged me $100. Problems were all monitor related. It saved me a ton of headaches. He might charge more because you are an hour away, but he's a really nice guy. I'm sure he could refer you to someone local to you as well. PM me if you want his info.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed you are from NY (Massapequa - I'm guessing NY). I have arcade machines and when I need a repair, I have a guy who is local and reasonable (in northern NJ). I can get you his information if you end up wanting to get the machine fixed. He just fixed a number of problems on my Tempest machine and only charged me $100. Problems were all monitor related. It saved me a ton of headaches. He might charge more because you are an hour away, but he's a really nice guy. I'm sure he could refer you to someone local to you as well. PM me if you want his info.

hey I live in nothern NJ and could definitely use a repair guy :)

hey I live in nothern NJ and could definitely use a repair guy :)

Did you end up getting the info. for that repair guy? And, if so, did you get it repaired?

• 2 months later...

http://www.mikesarcade.com/arcade/monitors.html

Here's the manual for it. Flynnz is right about the audio. Chances are the fuse you swapped out blew to protect whatever is now sizzled. Not the end of the world, just need to pop that bad boy out and play. Sanyo's are difficult space-wise to work on, sort of cramped. If you hunt around on the newsgroups, maybe even here, someone may have a working chassis they will sell you for it. Swap and go! Just an idea, you can always send yours out to a repair guy to have it fixed.

Cassidy