IGNORED

Adventure II for Atari 8-Bit Computers?

Arjak

• 2 weeks later...

Cafeman... Are you going to be in the Secret Santa this year? If so, I hope you get a lot of goodies!

I can't wait to hear the good word of this being available at the AtariAge store... I'll be buying it immediately!!

Thanks again for making this possible! I've been wanting to play this sine the 80's when I wondered what Atari would do after the first Adventure. When the 5200 game came out I was quite jealous and almost went and got a system just to play this.

Ok... Blah blah over... Congrats on nearing the end of the project and. Big thumbs up!!

• 2 weeks later...

Secrets secrets secrets!! Gotta love em! ... By the way what was the feedback from the show this weekend?

1. "Secrets" is referring to the 3 hidden bat eggs. "dots" :)

2. Unfortunately, Adventure II XE wasn't shown at the PRGE after all - the cart didn't work for some reason , and Al was too busy to figure out the problem & fix it once the show began. Al didn't tell me that anyone asked about it, so it doesn't sound like anyone noticed. Probably too busy playing one of the MANY other homebrews that were set up!

-------------------

I need feedback for an addition to the XE version. It is illustrated by this screenshot - the Silver Dragon. Now, my original idea was that any dragon which is killed and revives 3 times (when you Revive yourself, any slain dragons are also revived; and on Special skill levels they revive after X amount of time) will revive as a Silver Dragon - a faster, stronger, meaner foe to contend with. So it isn't a 4th dragon, but is something that any of the other 3 dragons can be turned into.

However, my original idea was for only one of the 3 dragons each game (randomly chose each new game) will be able to turn into Silver mode - this way the game won't get overrun with super-tough foes just because you like to respawn and kill dragons. And the Silver dragon would stay in the changed-dragon's "Territory". Additionally, once a Silver Dragon is killed, it would reset to its normal mode if it got revived afterwards. If you kill a Silver Dragon, you'll get rewarded with an extended power-up.

My question is this: do you like this idea? In your opinion, is there a better set of rules about its appearance? If so, you'll need to expound. I won't change it unless there is a good reason.

post-37-0-21838100-1349441593_thumb.png

I like the change-up and all the rules you set forth above for the Dragon.

Only possible thought is to not have any 1 Dragon be designated a 'Silver' Dragon - allow all of them to become one, however only 1 at a time and the restrictions above. Once a Dragon becomes silver all the death counts would reset on the other dragons so it would take 3 kills again on any of the dragons to make them silver.

My $0.02 - but if any of this delays the final release then keep as is :)