IGNORED

Wich of these 2 do you prefer? .......

retroillucid

Wich box do you prefer?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Wich box do you prefer?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

J-F I prefer the Motorace USA version. Both look good though.

If you ask me, I always hate this Zippy Race box, look awfull!

I regret to had go with this one at first... :(

I always wondered if it has effect with the sales since I barely sold 55 copies of Zippy Race

This game is cool... ... At least I enjoy playing this one time to time and its always challenging

For a year now, I received numerous emails about people wants to get this game so I was wondering If I should go with this Motorace USA box (and label not shown) to release another small batch.....

Edited by retroillucid

J-F I prefer the Motorace USA version. Both look good though.

If you ask me, I always hate this Zippy Race box, look awfull!

I regret to had go with this one at first... :(

I always wondered if it has effect with the sales since I barely sold 55 copies of Zippy Race

This game is cool... ... At least I enjoy playing this one time to time and its always challenging

For a year now, I received numerous emails about people wants to get this game so I was wondering If I should go with this Motorace USA box (and label not shown) to release another small batch.....

I find the black box "cooler" looking. :) I'd definitely be interested in a Motorace copy as I didn't get the Zippy Race version. :) If you decide to go ahead, I'm in.

Cheers.

I have never liked US Boxes "lazy" style with the cabinet on it. i prefer a lot the Zippy Race version. Even if it could be lot better at list there is a Artwork.

About the title of the game, it makes no difference for me.

I knew the game as "Zippy Race" . It is one a the first Arcade PCB i owned!

I don't think releasing the same game in a different box with a different name is a good idea, doing this would be a stunt to boost sales. There is no room for gimmicks and/or trickery in the homebrew scene.

I don't think releasing the same game in a different box with a different name is a good idea, doing this would be a stunt to boost sales. There is no room for gimmicks and/or trickery in the homebrew scene.

the fact is I need to print boxes for another run ... that's why I'm asking wich box people prefer

This is not about boosting sales or anything like that, that's simply because I need to print more boxes since only a few copies were produced and since a year I'm receiving email about people miss this one and would want to get it

Simple as that :)

As you probably know, Zippy Race was released in North America as Motorace USA

However, when I first release this game, I released it under Zippy Race

So I was wondering wich one do you prefer?

Hi J-F. :)

If you change the name on the box you will also need to change the name of the game itself to: Motorace USA. ;)

post-9873-0-24623300-1302787245_thumb.png

Edited by ten-four

This is really tough. I will love to see back the yellow and red explosion thing that says for ColecoVision (and Coleco ADAM Computers)... but the colorful picture looks better than a simple cabinet. Maybe if the arcade cabinet was a little different, and also a not a blank black background, it's missing colors... are you sure it's the look of the original cabinet? it is? ok... I prefer the artistic drawing.

Edited by newcoleco

I prefer the classic Coleco look, but the Zippy Race one has its appeal.

I think it is fashionable to collectors to have a box choice (even though it is for a second run), and if anyone wants to purchase both, that's up to them! I personally would only purchase the one I like in most cases. When I make my box art, I make several renditions for "collector value", even though I'm not selling anything! :cool: