IGNORED

TurboForth Release Date

Willsy

Here's Bob's reply

"Mark will make an announcement when the cartridges are ready for distribution. I will probably be handling the distribution in the US. Once the announcement is made (on the various message boards) you can send me your order by email. I will acknowledge the order and ascertain that we are "on the same page" as far as number(s) are concerned. From there, I will advise you of the options which are: 1) complete cartridge, 2) EPROM only, and 3) a combination thereof. The price for a completed cartridge will probably be fixed at $27 and the EPROMS are $7 each. They should be available at the Chicago Faire for purchase as well. Right now, we're squashing the last few bugs"

• Like 1

Turn up in Chicago on the day and Bob Carmany and I will exchange your V1.0 EPROM for a V1.1 EPROM, free of charge

* snip *

Purchase one from Bob or myself - we should have some available in Chicago

"I will exchange..." and "we should have some..." Does that mean *you* are going to be at the Faire??

Yes. Well, it is my intention to be at the Faire, but I haven't booked a ticket yet. It's imminent!

2011 is the 30th anniversary of the 4A (which no one really seems to have picked up on) - I would like to be there, and hopefully convert some more TF disciples, and show them "The Forth Way" ;)

snapback.pngidflyfish, on Tue Oct 4, 2011 3:25 PM, said:

I really should just keep my mouth shut because I am not going but.....12 hours is very doable.

I know; but, it's only 2 weeks before our local choral group's performance. My wife has actually been encouraging. That surprised me a little. I remember dragging her along to a MANNERS TI Forth tutorial I gave back in the late 80's. I think she woke up after I stopped talking!

...lee

Yes. Well, it is my intention to be at the Faire, but I haven't booked a ticket yet. It's imminent!

2011 is the 30th anniversary of the 4A (which no one really seems to have picked up on) - I would like to be there, and hopefully convert some more TF disciples, and show them "The Forth Way" ;)

30th birthday? That just twists the knife in me even more. So, is there a "Dark Side" of the Forth? :grin:

snapback.pngOLD CS1, on Wed Oct 5, 2011 10:13 AM, said:

30th birthday? That just twists the knife in me even more. So, is there a "Dark Side" of the Forth? :grin:

Of course, there is! The whiling away of countless hours in a gentle, exhilarating fog of self-satisfaction!! Of course, there are those around me insisting I must get on to more useful pursuits!

...lee

Edited by Lee Stewart
  • Like 1